Cape Town, South Africa & Johannesburg, South Africa
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
AKQA has partnered with an automotive client for many years, as their strategic design and product optimisation agency. We have an opening on this dedicated client team to join product owners, managers and designers to continue accelerating the performance of their European ecosystem across 3 brands, 50 markets and over a dozen touchpoints, channels, services and journeys.
Our Product Designers play essential roles in the strategy, design and optimisation of the platform ecosystem. Their use of data, insight and design to craft improvements that optimise performance across systems, stories and services.
Your work will require skills across research and strategy, concept and ideation, prototyping and product design. You will be in front of senior stakeholders at all times and trusted to deliver high priority projects at a rapid pace.
- Collaborate with analysts to provide data-driven design recommendations.
- Provide equal competency in both UI and UX design.
- Transform data into actionable insights that highlight design opportunities.
- Conceive, sketch and pitch original ideas to peers and business owners.
- Skilled in using the latest design and prototyping tools.
- Motion Design capabilities to articulate animate designs
- Frequently validating your ideas with customers.
- High competence in design system creation, optimisation and management.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Driven to own the improvements of every detail across a digital experience.
- You have experience working in a product design environment.
- You are driven to iterate and improve a digital experience.
- Dedicated to a single account, obsessing about their business to create the future.
- Your attention to detail to ensure quality, consistency and best practice is second to none.
AKQA is committed to developing wellbeing and supporting life choices for our team. We provide an extensive range of benefits. To find out more click here.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.