At AKQA product is a mindset not a department. Our multi-disciplinary teams are tasked with transforming traditional brands into digital organisations with vision, experimentation and iteration.
The product minds at AKQA apply data and design with strategic insight to test, pilot and scale customer experiences that move businesses forward. Skilled practitioners of business analytics, product design and technology they work in an agile environment to develop labours of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
A Product Director at AKQA is responsible for strategically partnering with clients to navigate them from meeting to market. You take ownership of developing customer-centric services, experiences, products, and platforms to their full lifecycle potential. Servant-leading one or more multi-disciplinary teams you ensure the product vision and strategy is developed into a continuously improving, world-class outcome.
Developing a Customer Experience strategy comes as naturally to you as does a flair for presenting business requirements, product concepts, and commercial models. In doing so you manage and communicate the intersection between human, technology, and business needs to deliver ongoing customer and business value which brings the opportunity for commercial growth and client partnership.
Whilst working with clients to create strategies aligned with business outcomes, you will enable cross-functional, agile teams to better their experimentation and rapidly iterate on customer feedback to find the best market fit. An understanding of organizational design and the transformational journey from traditional to digital organization will be critical.
Located on the Herengracht canal in central Amsterdam, you will have access to our diverse network of specialists by collaborating across our twelve European studios. You will work in an environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership, and you will be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- A subject matter expert level understanding of customer experience strategy, product development, agile delivery, and a consultative approach to transforming businesses.
- You belong to a human-centered design ethos, working with approaches, methodologies and perspectives related to a customer-first mindset.
- Understands how business, brands and customers interact, with deep knowledge of the role that technology plays in this relationship
- Ability to translate strategic recommendations into actionable experiences, products, and services
- Own, execute, and improve the customer experience and product strategy for our clients, creating impactful roadmaps to address real customer and business opportunities.
- Extensive experience with agility and a proven ability to adapt and evolve based on shifting circumstances and needs. You have proven working experience with key methodologies and approaches such as Lean, Kanban, XP, Scrum, etc.
- Establish, mature, and support a multi-disciplinary team structure and approach to effectively deliver on customer needs.
- Strong analytical skills. Track record of defining and executing usage-based analysis and tracking to drive and measure business performance, OKRs, and commercial targets.
- Connect, build, and nurture senior client relationships to facilitate client change and growth opportunities.
- Be a subject matter expert in product strategy, delivery, and transformation. Someone our clients and colleagues seek out for advice or input.
- Create and communicate perspectives that help shape our clients’ businesses and delivers value beyond delivery.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- We love what we do, having fun with a positive and enthusiastic outlook on life is a must!
- A passion for creativity, innovation and business strategy
- 10+ years of digital/consulting/product experience, or relevant role.
- Extensive experience in developing either Customer Experience strategies or Product strategies that result in programs of work.
- Act as a servant leader, empowering teams to develop an agile mindset and reach their potential.
- Experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams in an agency environment implementing innovative, interactive, and consumer-focused solutions.
- You preferably are a certified Product owner, and/or Agile coach. You have proven working experience with key methodologies and approaches such as Lean, Kanban, XP, Scrum, etc.
- You have proven ability to work well under pressure, with a high degree of flexibility and fluidity.
- You demonstrate an objective-focused and positive approach, comfortable working independently, and self-driven.
- You are entrepreneurial, with a collaborative, team-based approach. Eager to provide insights and receive feedback.
- You possess exceptional communication and organizational skills and ability to interact with diverse groups of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply