Washington DC, United States
Product Management Apprenticeship
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Product Managers at AKQA are passionate about taking great ideas and making them real. They are deeply curious, proactive problem solvers who sit at the intersection of business, technology, and customer needs. Through both detailed analysis and big picture thinking they ensure delivered work meets the needs of the client and their customers, ultimately shepherding products to success.
Through our apprenticeship program you will have the opportunity to work alongside multidisciplinary teams, concepting and executing digital solutions for industry-leading brands. With on the job training and mentorship, you will quickly learn the best practices and skills to be an effective product manager. You will assist, as well as own, specific tasks and deliverables.
This is a paid 3 month apprenticeship with the opportunity to convert to a permanent position based on a successful apprenticeship experience. The ability to convert to a permanent position is contingent upon business needs at the time of eligibility.
Based on the Georgetown Waterfront, our Washington DC studio creates breakthrough products and services for a diverse range of clients. Recognized for outstanding work by Cannes, Apple and the Clio Awards, we deliver on our client’s most challenging briefs. This includes the future of retail, global entertainment launches and piloting digital products and services that reshape customer experiences.
We are proud of our industry defying retention rate, with both employees and clients alike. Over 20% of our employees have been with us for ten or more years. Our collaborative teams work across strategy, creative, analytics, and technology.
- Gathering and documenting functional requirements
- Prioritizing features and functionality
- Maintaining a product backlog
- Collaborating with team members to find effective solutions and ensure successful delivery of all requirements
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 1-2 years experience working on digital products
- Able to quickly digest, internalize and communicate dense information in simple ways
- Analytical mindset, able to break down complex problems into manageable pieces
- Solution-oriented and can balance competing priorities
- Collaborates well with a multidisciplinary team
- Attention to detail across all that you do
- Ability to work well under pressure and to have an objective focused and positive approach
- A commitment to quality and the will to constantly drive improvements
- You are someone who enjoys tackling new problems
- You can connect the dots between big ideas and tactical executions
- You can find a way to add value to any situation and identify ways to make our work better
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply