Atlanta, United States
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital products and services that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients. You will work in an environment that fosters a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
Product Managers at AKQA provide cross functional leadership to ensure delivered work meets the needs of the client and their customers. This involves not only consuming the information and direction we receive, but looking beyond and demonstrating thought leadership and critical analysis to guide the team towards creating the best possible solution.
Based in Midtown, our Atlanta studio is as vibrant as its location. We are visionaries and makers, combining strategy, creative and technology to deliver best-in-class customer experiences for our clients.
Our culture celebrates diversity, hard work and fun. We are passionate about our craft, working together to create a better future, and ensuring we have an unfair share of the best talent in Atlanta.
- Identify and clarify product requirements for clients using interviews, workshops, and surveys across stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the AKQA team to discern customer problems and pain points for an existing product.
- Create and maintain the following deliverables:
- Use Cases
- Business Requirements
- Functional Requirements
- Product Backlog
- Catalogue background knowledge and develop subject matter expertise to share with the internal team, resolve questions the team may have that impacts the direction of the work.
- Work side-by-side with our creative team to refine/clarify requirements as well as provide feedback on proposed solutions.
- Understand how proposed solutions may impact technical implementation and highlight potential challenges early so that dependencies may be resolved.
- Interface with internal and external development teams to ensure product vision is carried through to the final product.
- Generate and maintain a backlog of epics and user stories to support a development lifecycle.
- Ensure the accuracy of all project deliverables against approved requirements.
- Develop a tactical product roadmap by conducting prioritization exercises.
- Outline delivery needs based on requirements, product knowledge, and approved creative concepts.
- Assist in writing functional specifications defining the proposed creative solution.
- Participate in the communication of solutions to clients and third-party partners
- Innovation – we elevate the spirit with pioneering ideas, new possibilities and the imaginative application of art and science to improve people’s lives and make a positive lasting impact.
- Service – we work with integrity, striving for better ways to deliver value and velocity at every connection. Through mutual respect for colleagues and clients, we nurture long-term relationships.
- Quality – we conscientiously adhere to the high professional standards and superior quality to create influential work that consistently surpasses audience, client and community expectations.
- Thought – we are a work in progress and continually seek opportunities to improve. We are continuously researching, listening, learning, adapting across all aspects of our organization and the work we do. We apply the most rigorous thinking process to recommend and deliver optimal solutions.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 2+ years of experience preferably within a consulting or agency environment, implementing innovative, interactive and consumer-focused solutions.
- End to end project lifecycle experience across multiple digital platforms.
- Adaptable to a variety of workflows based on client and project needs, including waterfall and agile approaches.
- Effective communication skills at all levels, (presentation, written, verbal).
- Ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with peers and external client staff, and the ability to achieve results under potentially difficult circumstances.
- Strong organization skills; responsive to colleagues for overall clarity and understanding.
- Passion for creating innovative solutions that help companies connect and engage with customers is essential.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to have an objective focused and positive approach and be comfortable working independently. Is self-motivated and self-driven.
- Strong customer service ethos, a commitment to quality and the will to constantly drive improvements.