New York, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As an AKQA Program Director you will be responsible for the direction and management of a group of projects across a client group through designated Project Managers and the point of escalation for all delivery matters across the same. Ensuring that these projects are delivered on time, on budget, to a high level of quality. You will nurture selected client relationships with the express aim of becoming a trusted advisor/partner. As one of the leadership members across an account group, you will help to shape the business strategy for that account group whilst sharing the revenue, margin and product goals.
The city that never sleeps provides us with constant inspiration. We harness this in the heart of Union Square, where old meets new.
Our New York studio offers teams the opportunity to produce innovative work that moves world-class companies, and their communities forward. All disciplines collaborate to find the best solution while delivering each aspect to the highest standard. From products and services to imaginative storytelling, our shared vision is to create experiences that drive progress and results. We are fortunate to partner with forward-thinking clients, including Verizon, IBM, Mayo Clinic, HSS, Volvo, and Campari.
We empower our teams and clients to make what’s next, while working towards the ultimate acknowledgement, “Only in New York!”
- Lead different projects being delivered out of two or more AKQA offices for one of our clients
- Provide qualified guidance/consultation to Client Services and Project Management inform and demonstrate best practice
- Ensure clients and project teams are satisfied with project delivery process
- Ensure satisfactory liaison with AKQA clients and other teams at project level
- Monitor project costs and timeframes against budgets and milestones, proactively managing exceptions to ensure delivery to quality and plan
- Work with Project Managers to identify, manage and mitigate project risks and issues, ensuring effective mitigation and risk strategies are fed back to the Delivery team
- Forecast resource requirements across teams with the support of the project managers responsible for the work and the department leads. Assist Resource Management and HR to plan proactively
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Extensive project management experience, preferably in an interactive agency environment executing both marketing and technical components of a solution
- Proven leadership and negotiation skills
- Organized, professional, proactive, clear & concise communication style, simple language & high cultural awareness
- Ability to translate strategic recommendations into actionable digital products, services, experiences
- Relentless attention to detail
- Experience of managing and developing a large team
- Global blue chip client experience
- In depth knowledge of project management tools, best practices and processes
- Strong technical knowledge of the web and software development processes
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply