San Francisco, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Program Directors at AKQA are essential figures in delivering and managing complex, portfolio-level clients. They should have extensive experience leading and structuring multi-million dollar engagements with parallel work streams—spanning design, development, social engagements, media, and marketing.
A Program Director needs the ability to focus on goals and solutions both large and small. Working with a team of our incredibly talented Project Managers, the Program Director becomes the focal point for senior tactical leadership while still keeping up-to-date on daily project activities. They must be prepared to meet deliverable requirements, assess change and risk management, and frequently oversee a number of agency teams.
Based in the heart of the SOMA district, the epicenter of the Bay Area’s technology industry. Our San Francisco studio offers staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world’s most vibrant and beautiful cities.
Our San Francisco studio is uniquely diverse in its resident skillsets enabling employees to solve across the full spectrum of experience solutions. Ranging from strategy, creative and development through to programmatic media, integrated paid search, social marketing and predictive analytics.
- Experience in a client services organization, preferably on projects with top tier consulting firms or interactive agencies (including web, mobile, video, brand, and strategic consulting projects).
- An ability to manage long-term, multi-million dollar engagements with multiple project tracks and teams as well as a firm command of project management processes and methodologies.
- Experience with delivering projects that span geographies and channels, including: web, mobile, video, brand, and strategic consulting projects
- Strong understanding of web and application development, design lifecycle and design operations. We want someone with an intuitive understanding for how our work gets done.
- An ability to manage and set client expectations. At the end of the day (or project), you make sure that everyone’s satisfied.
- An ability to mentor and manage your fellow employees. We want someone who can both lead by example and also take an active interest in fostering the talents of those working under them.
- Collaborative with a proven track record of working across disciplines to bring definition around opportunities, identify and articulate unknowns, guide a team to solutions and to represent a point of view with internal or external stakeholders.
- Oversight of multiple existing and new programs across a portfolio of clients. Accountable to office and global leadership for agency performance against the portfolio of work.
- Experience with contractual documents (SOW’s, MSA’s, partner agreements).
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Rigorous in organization and management, conscientious and adept in solving issues at all levels of a project
- Collaborative: With multiple stakeholders, communication and teamwork is critical
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills one-on-one and in large groups, with the ability to communicate high-level concepts and overall business direction, organize information quickly and summarizing succinctly
- Strong knowledge of account and project management principles, methods and techniques
- Ability to inspire, support and understand the interplay between people, processes and systems. The candidate must be a strong manager with ability to lead a team to a desired result
- Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection
- 12 + years of experience managing and launching large scale, innovative, digital, creative and interactive projects within an agency environment
- Excellent analytical and financial skills
- Comfortable with clients, good listener, highly collaborative and easy to work with
- Passionate about producing revolutionary, cutting edge experiences across all media
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.