Melbourne – Wurundjeri Country, Australia
At AKQA, our Project Management Office sets the approach and standard for project delivery and governance, ensuring that clients maximise their return on investment. Responsible for team performance, they provide team members with the tools, support and training essential to delivering the most effective result possible.
An AKQA Program Manager takes ownership of all projects within a program to ensure completion on time, within budget and against agreed objectives. You are able to confidently address business needs, manage resources and any issues that may arise.
At AKQA Melbourne, you will work in an innovative and inclusive culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to your career growth, as well as to your work/life balance.
- Own and lead programmes of work by balancing resourcing, budgets and time constraints, to manage risks and pre-empt issues.
- Govern entire delivery and execution process, to ensure controls are followed, with deliverables and milestones met.
- Work with Account Management team to provide strategic delivery insight for client roadmaps and briefings.
- Build relationships with external and internal stakeholders to meet program outcomes
- Develop contracts and design delivery teams to best meet programme objectives.
- Ensure programs aims and quality standards are met.
- Communicate programme status to various stakeholders.
- Ensure a collaborative ‘one team’ approach of both client and agency.
- Evaluate and improve delivery practices and techniques.
- Contribute to new business and pitch initiatives to secure a pipeline of work for the programme or wider studio.
- Lead, inspire and grow a team of project managers/producers to foster a high-performing team.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Extensive experience working on interactive projects, including technology platforms (eCommerce, ERP, CMS), mobile app and website development.
- A track record of developing/releasing digital software components using Scaled Agile.
- Comfortable discussing concepts related to UX, design and technology.
- Rigorous in organisation and management, conscientious, and adept at solving issues at all project levels while supporting colleagues and clients.
- Able to understand and balance the interplay between people, processes and systems.
- Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection.
- Demonstrable experience leading and inspiring teams toward success
- Intuitive and perceptive, with outstanding communications skills: comfortable presenting to a group.
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills with proficiency in financial modelling.
- Solid business acumen: finds a pragmatic balance between best interests of programme and client.
- Tertiary level software development or software project management qualifications.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.Apply