San Francisco, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Program Managers at AKQA acutely understand the opportunities and constraints of a given project. Taking responsibility for setting and managing expectations internally and with clients, they deliver on time, within budget and against agreed objectives. Program Managers have full lifecycle experience from scoping through delivery and can confidently navigate and prioritize business needs, resource management, schedules, and financials to successfully navigate and deliver all aspects of the assignment.
Based in the heart of the SOMA district, the epicenter of the Bay Area’s technology industry. Our San Francisco studio offers staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world’s most vibrant and beautiful cities.
- Experience in a client services organization, preferably on projects within top tier marketing, design or interactive agencies
- Project Management lead across multiple projects and programs for single or multiple clients
- Oversee multiple project managers through delivery of their projects
- Prepare all project documentation, including plans, statements of work, status reports, etc…
- Effectively manage communication with VP level clients and internal stake holders
- Responsible for project revenue management and reporting
- Identify resource requirements, required skill sets and the allocation of team members to the core team
- Experience with delivering projects that span geographies and channels, including: web, mobile, video, brand, and strategic consulting projects
- Manage and deliver large projects on time, within budget and to quality. Including management of risk, schedule, quality, communication and 3rd party partners.
- Effectively manage conflict negotiation and project escalation
- Participate in new business pitches
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Minimum 7 years’ experience managing and launching large scale, innovative projects within an agency environment
- Excellent leadership, communication, critical thinking and negotiation skills
- Can lead the team through ambiguity and not only guide alignment, but identifies solutions
- A proven ability to drive work forward while balancing risk, finances, quality of output and client priorities
- Strong knowledge of account and project management principles, methods and techniques, with comfort in a technical environment
- In depth knowledge of project management tools, best practices and processes
- Strong understanding of process methodologies and theory
- Proven organizational skills and relentless attention to detail
- An understanding of client service organization business operation practices
- General understanding of web-based technology platforms for e-commerce, content and information management, portal frameworks and system integration
- Experience directing the work of outside vendors such as photographers, illustrators, and sound designers
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.