A Programme Director at AKQA is a leader, strategist and trusted consultant able to partner with our clients from senior leadership to product team level.
An AKQA Programme Director is responsible for the direction and management of a group of projects across a client group through designated Project Managers. They are the point of escalation for all delivery matters and ensure that these projects are delivered on time, on budget, to a high level of quality. They nurture selected client relationships with the express aim of becoming a trusted advisor/partner. As one of the leadership members across an account group, the Programme Director will help to shape the business strategy for that account group whilst sharing the revenue, margin and product goals.
Besides a dedicated focus on delivering quality beyond clients’ expectations Programme Directors are also responsible for the practices and processes which guarantee operational efficiency for our teams. The understanding of forecasting, resourcing, operational systems and services is paramount. To make informed business decisions they possess an innate ability to manoeuvre the business levers at their disposal. The result is an efficient, motivated, billable and profitable studio.
Servant-leading one or more multi-skilled T-Shaped team the Programme Director ensures the client vision and strategy is translated into products, platforms, and services that deliver ongoing customer and business value which brings the opportunity for commercial growth and client partnership.
Programme Directors are valued by our clients for their skill in leading them towards the future of their organisation by successfully enabling a safe to fail, data driven product environment.
They are passionate about building products, enthusiastic about collaboration, motivated by developing your teams skills and abilities, ambitious to grow their own business unit, and excited to inspire what the future looks like.
Located in the heart of Amsterdam on the famous “grachtengordel”, with access to all of the history, culture and creativity on offer in this international hub. As part of the AKQA team, The Programme Director will work in an environment that fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- Constantly research, test and evolve how we do things to maintain constant improvements and practice leadership
- Create program or product strategies that influence customer behavior whilst meeting business targets
- An unquenchable desire to learn and constantly evolve what you do
- A subject matter expert in product strategy, delivery and management.
- Someone our clients and colleagues seek out for advise or input
- Speaks at relevant conferences and/or writes articles well received by peers in the industry
- Manage, mentor and provide direction to product team managers to develop and reach their potential.
- Design the baseline team structure and approach to effectively deliver on the customer vision of any product brief and facilitate the filling of the teams self-identified needs.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills and ability to interact with diverse groups of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You will contribute and drive a culture of excellence that delivers world-class digital solutions
- Own and execute overall program strategy for clients, creating impactful roadmaps to address real customer and business opportunities
- Connect, build and nurture senior client relationships to identify product opportunities that lead to new projects or increased remits
- Create and communicate perspectives that help shape our clients’ businesses and delivers value beyond delivery
- Identify opportunities to exploit or communicate foreseen challenges
- Understand how to propose and construct agile contracts aligned to product approaches
- Develop the account vision with the Management Team
- Agree revenue targets and margin targets with the Management Team and be responsible for them
- Own and manage resource and revenue forecasting, budgets, margin and delivery effectiveness
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Extensive experience as a Technical Project Manager, Product Manager, Delivery Specialist with 10+ years in a digital, consulting or product environment
- A robust understanding of customer strategy, user experience, user research, technology, approaches and leadership
- A robust understanding of technology, platforms, software and the interconnected processes that link them in any large-scale platform delivery
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment with a proven ability to adapt and evolve based on shifting circumstances and needs. Experience with key methodologies and approaches such as Lean, Kanban, XP, Scrum etc.
- Success in managing and mentoring a multi-skilled team
- Maintains or exceeds agreed margins and revenue targets, unless otherwise agreed with the Management Team.
- Strong analytical skills with a track record of defining and executing usage based analysis and tracking to drive and measure business performance
- Experience with digital in various forms (such as marketing communications, eCommerce, publishing, application development or others) and able to communicate effectively the advantages and challenges facing products in those spaces
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.