London, United Kingdom
At AKQA, we blend the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products, and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination and deliver impressive returns for our clients.
The Delivery team are at the epicentre of all projects, ensuring they’re delivered to the highest quality, on time, and that clients receive the greatest possible value from their investment.
The teams key focus is to build collaborative relationships and effective communication with project teams and clients alike. AKQA’s process and governance standards are industry leading; providing the tools, training and team support to make this possible.
The Programme Director is responsible for delivery of a portfolio/programme of projects across one or more accounts with revenue typically in excess of £4M. The role ensures projects are delivered on time, on budget and to a high level of quality. The role contributes to the strategic development and direction of the Delivery team.
- Manages and delivers a portfolio of projects across accounts with revenues of £4m+. Tracks and reports financial status of projects against current estimate. Highlights potential overruns before they occur. Escalates and resolves financial issues as they happen.
- Ensures all projects adhere to the required SoW review, Post Project Review and Red Team Review processes.
- Plans all resource requirements 3 months in advance for all disciplines across all projects with the support of the project managers responsible for the work and the department leads.
- Leads projects being delivered out of two or more AKQA studios for one of our clients.
- Leads pitches, including those across multiple markets, e.g. pan-European.
- Uses burn reports to monitor and proactively mitigate potential overruns, highlighting clearly to Executive Delivery Director when an overrun is likely to occur.
- Ensures all direct reports comply with AKQA standards, e.g. accurate and timely submission of timesheets and status reports.
- Works closely with account teams, elaborates on their forecasts and plans ahead; ensures pipeline of work is visible to both resource management and recruitment.
- Monitors risks and dependencies across programme of work/each account with relevant support provided to project managers as required.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and application of delivery methodologies and of industry best practice. Strikes a balance between pragmatic project delivery practices and by-the-book, ‘ideal scenario’ delivery.
- Ensures all projects across designated accounts are delivered within the agreed EAC as per the AKQA Delivery overrun process.
- Effectively coaches and mentors the team. Sets clear objectives and goals, provides actionable feedback, and trains the team to reach its fullest potential.
- Motivate the team to consistently deliver on time, within budget and to a high standard. Attract, develop and retain great talent.
- Drives new business opportunities.
QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive Project management experience at a leading digital agency, professional services firm or similar organisation.
- Partners with clients and colleagues in a positive and professional way. Has a strong sense of personal responsibility for initiatives.
- Shares the belief that their work is about generating results for clients, rather than taking individual credit.
- Actively builds strong relationships within the department/studio and helps build an environment where divergent views can be shared openly.
- Proven experience of coaching and mentoring a team and developing them to their full potential.
- Line management experience and experience of managing a large team.
- Possesses a strong bias to action and strives for perfection.
- Develops unique concepts that positions the company as a world-class, ideas-led agency.
- Excellent communication skills across all mediums – presentation, written, verbal; gaining the confidence of the business; credible and experienced at operating at all levels within it.
- Experience of project managing custom-designed, complex full life-cycle projects.
- Displays creative approach to problem-solving and project management in general.
- Strong customer service ethos, a commitment to quality and constantly drives improvements. Commitment to high standards of excellence and integrity, and excellent attention to detail.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is initially a 12 month contract.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply