Washington D.C., United States
Project Management Intern
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Located on the Georgetown Waterfront in Washington, D.C., as part of AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership from influential authors, athletes, artists and entrepreneurs.
Project Managers at AKQA strive to create an environment where great work is possible. They are critical thinkers, natural problem solvers, champions for our teams, advocates for our clients and insatiable consumers of new ideas and information.
Through our internship program you will have the opportunity to work alongside multidisciplinary teams, concepting and executing digital solutions for industry-leading brands. You will assist, as well as own, specific tasks and deliverables that may include:
- Assist with the creation of a project approach, scope and plan
- Manage project progress and timeline; identify and resolve issues to ensure project success
- Collaborate and manage day-to-day tasks with team and assist with the creation of project deliverables
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
You’re someone who loves a challenge and finds simple solutions to complex problems. You can find a way to add value to any situation and identify ways to make our work better. You’re a strong communicator and storyteller, both in written and verbal form. And you’re passionate about our mission of creating the future with our clients.
- Rigorous in organization and management, conscientious and adept in solving issues with minimum supervision
- Ability to support and understand the interplay between people, processes and systems
- An awareness in digital marketing and seeks mentorship from Program Leads.
- Attention to detail across all that you do
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills
- Degree in Advertising, Marketing, Business, Finance or equivalent degree
This is a paid 10-week summer internship. Interns may have an opportunity to convert to a permanent position based on a successful internship experience as well as the successful completion of degree requirements. The ability to convert to a permanent position is contingent upon business needs at the time of eligibility.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.