Our incredible group of Delivery specialists are responsible for delivering a vast array of different projects at AKQA, from campaigns to tech builds. Our tight knit team encourages knowledge sharing and career development, making it a great place to progress a career in Project Management.
Project Managers manage complex, end-to-end, full life-cycle client projects from inception and requirements definition through to delivery. This is a client-facing role requiring effective communication and management across all internal disciplines.
Located in Gothenburg, Sweden, as part of AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership from influential authors, athletes, artists and entrepreneurs. You will work in an environment that fosters a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- Project delivery: responsible for the successful delivery of projects, with high-quality deliverables, on time and to budget. Tailor and communicate an appropriate project structure by methodology or project phase.
- Diverse projects: set up, structure and deliver a diverse range of projects – innovation-based,technically complex, strategic, localised, etc.
- Budget and financial management: work with leads to accurately estimate an agreed scope of workaccording to the most appropriate model (e.g. fixed-price, capped time and materials, by project phase). Track and report financial status of a project against current estimate. Highlight potential overruns before they occur. Escalate and resolve financial issues as they happen.
- Stakeholder management: manage multiple suppliers, partners and client/s to ensure best outcomefor both client/s and AKQA. Keep stakeholders informed of project progress at all times and manage expectations proactively. Deliver high-scoring client satisfaction.
- Scope and risk management: elicit and document accurate requirements internally or from clients atoutset of project. Define and agree the scope of work internally and with client/s and ensure projects are delivered within this agreed scope. Manage colleagues and client/s assertively. Proactively identify, manage and mitigate risk on a project.
- Display an enthusiasm for creating pioneering ideas, excited by the challenge of moving in new (and potentially more difficult) directions. Understand the value of analysing what has worked in the past and applying these learnings to future strategy.
- Balance specific client demands with project realities and reliably close the loop on all open issues in a timely manner. Possess strong sense of personal responsibility for own and team’s work, and will proactively assist to ensure delivery of highest quality work within required timeframes (no matter the situation).
- Possess a strong bias to action, able to consistently deliver high-quality work within required timeframes. Strive for perfection. Upbeat and committed to working life, making a positive contribution to team morale.
- Think issues through before acting and know when to escalate. Possess strong listening skills and asks open-ended questions to ensure full understanding. Present information effectively via multiple channels: at ease presenting in team meetings or to the occasional larger group setting.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Experience within the digital/creative industry.
- Experience of delivering full life-cycle projects in an agency environment while implementing innovative, interactive and consumer-focused solutions.
- Experience of managing complex, full life-cycle projects.
- Experience of multilingual site development and rollout desirable.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Strategic understanding of data analysis and data projects.
- Good overview of basic tools - Google Analytics, GTM, Tableau.
- Able to build strong relationships and achieve results under potentially difficult circumstances.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure with a high degree of flexibility and fluidity, and an objective-focused and positive approach. Self-motivated and comfortable working independently.
- Possess good business acumen and sound judgment. Entrepreneurial, with a collaborative approach.
- Strong customer service ethos, committed to quality, with the will to drive improvements. Excellent attention to detail.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.