Washington DC, United States
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Project Managers at AKQA acutely understand the opportunities and constraints of a given client project. Taking responsibility for setting and managing expectations internally and with clients, they deliver on time, within budget and against agreed upon goals. Project Managers have full lifecycle experience from scoping through delivery and can confidently navigate and prioritize needs, resource management, schedules and financials to successfully navigate and deliver the assignment. This role will report to Program Management.
Based on the Georgetown Waterfront, our Washington DC studio creates fresh products and services for a diverse range of clients. Recognized for outstanding work by Cannes, Apple and the Clio Awards, we deliver on our client’s most challenging briefs. This includes the future of retail, global entertainment launches and piloting digital products and services that reshape customer experiences.
We are proud of our industry defying retention rate, with both employees and clients alike. Over 20% of our employees have been with us for ten or more years. Our collaborative teams work across strategy, creative, analytics, and technology.
- Conduct meticulous scoping, planning, costing and timing of projects
- Oversee the entire delivery of your projects, ensuring effective team and client communication and collaboration
- Experience executing marketing tactics that touch on key art, content development, video production, digital asset production and print
- Facilitate meetings over the lifecycle of your projects from kickoff to retrospectives
- Work with discipline leadership to manage priorities and timelines
- Manage creative process and client reviews
- Communicate project status/risks to a variety of team and client partners
- Engage in concepting and strategy work toward a deliverable
- Collaborate across multiple disciplines to improve the customer experience for our clients
- Use AKQA’s software and systems to keep track of people and progress
- Where relevant, recruiting, managing and monitoring specialists and sub-contractors to ensure quality and guidelines are maintained
- Ensure a collaborative “one team” approach comprising both client and agency representatives
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 3+ years of experience managing projects in an agency or consulting environment
- Experience working on highly visual brands with a focus on storytelling
- Experience with various project management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Lean, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience communicating and interfacing with external stakeholders
- Experience with budget, resource and vendor management
- Attention to detail and motivation for perfection
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply