London, United Kingdom
At AKQA, we blend the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products, and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination and deliver impressive returns for our clients.
The Delivery team are at the epicentre of all projects, ensuring they’re delivered to the highest quality, on time, and that clients receive the greatest possible value from their investment.
The teams key focus is to build collaborative relationships and effective communication with project teams and clients alike. AKQA’s process and governance standards are industry leading; providing the tools, training and team support to make this possible.
Working with globally recognised and highly respected sporting and lifestyle brands, the Project Manager is responsible for the full life cycle of medium sized client projects from inception through to delivery. With the support of the Programme Director and Client Service Leads, the role is responsible for translating a brief into a detailed scope document, planning and budgeting projects accurately and managing the project and team effectively. This is a client-facing role requiring effective communication and management across all internal disciplines.
- Successfully deliver projects up to/or above £350k budget, with high-quality deliverables, on time and to budget.
- Identify what success looks like for each project, with client agreement, to ensure we achieve that as a team.
- Elicit and document accurate requirements internally or from clients at outset of project.
- Use AKQA management information system (Workbook) to effectively create, track and monitor overall projects, burn rates and financial progress. Highlight potential overruns before they occur. Escalate and resolve financial issues as they happen.
- Author well-crafted Project Status Reports, ensuring they are submitted on time, every week (95% compliance target).
- Forecast resource requirements across teams and assist Resource Management and the People team to plan proactively.
- Tailor and communicate an appropriate project structure by methodology or project phase. Document this clearly in the scope of work.
- Communicate effectively to all stakeholders, both verbally and in written formats.
- Work with leads to accurately estimate an agree scope of work according to the most appropriate model (e.g. fixed-price, capped time and materials, by project phase).
- Write thorough, considered scopes of work that can act as a contract for your projects. Define and agree the scope of work internally and with client/s and ensure projects are delivered within this agreed scope.
- Track and report financial status of a project against current estimate. Highlight potential overruns before they occur.
- Set up, structure and deliver a diverse range of fast-moving global projects that are innovation-based, technically and organisationally complex, strategic, digital, brand and comms focused.
- Manage multiple suppliers, partners and client/s to ensure best outcome for both client/s and AKQA. Keep stakeholders informed of project progress at all times and manage expectations proactively.
- Proactively identify, manage and mitigate risks on a project, focusing on solutions.
- Balance specific client demands with project realities and reliably close the loop on all open issues in a timely manner.
- Present information effectively via multiple channels: at ease presenting in team meetings or to the occasional larger group setting.
QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of delivering full life-cycle projects (in excess of £150k) in a marketing / communications agency or consultancy environment, implementing innovative, interactive and consumer-focused solutions.
- Experience working on digitally led campaigns. Global branding, 360 campaigns and innovation project experience is also desirable.
- Experience or interest in projects related to sportswear, youth and street culture.
- Accomplished communicator who gains the confidence of the business and the trust of clients.
- Able to build strong relationships and achieve results under potentially difficult circumstances.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure with a high degree of flexibility and fluidity. Self-motivated and comfortable working independently.
- Possess good business acumen and sound judgment.
- Strong customer service ethos, committed to quality, with the will to drive improvements.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Constantly strive to improve AKQA delivery practices, processes and procedures.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.