New York, United States
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
At AKQA, Project Managers manage complex, end-to-end, full life-cycle client projects from inception and requirements definition through to delivery. Project Managers are client-facing members of the team and are required to have effective communication and management across all internal disciplines. They are able to balance specific client demands with project realities and reliably close the loop on all open issues in a timely manner. They think issues through before acting and know when to escalate. Project Managers display an enthusiasm for creating pioneering ideas, excited by the challenge of moving in new (and potentially more difficult) directions.
Our New York studio offers teams the opportunity to produce innovative work that moves world-class companies, and their communities forward. All disciplines collaborate to find the best solution while delivering each aspect to the highest standard. From products and services to imaginative storytelling, our shared vision is to create experiences that drive progress and results. We are fortunate to partner with forward-thinking clients, including Verizon, IBM, Mayo Clinic, HSS, Volvo, and Campari.
We empower our teams and clients to make what’s next, while working towards the ultimate acknowledgement, “Only in New York!”
- Responsible for the successful delivery of projects up to $500,000, with high-quality deliverables, on time and to budget
- Tailoring and communicating an appropriate project structure by methodology or project phase
- Setting up, structuring and delivering a diverse range of projects – innovation-based, technically complex, strategic, localized, etc.
- Work with leads to accurately estimate an agreed scope of work according to the most appropriate model (e.g. fixed fee, retainer, etc.)
- Track and report financial status of a project against current estimate
- Track and manage Estimate at Complete (EAC) to highlight potential overruns before they occur
- Escalate and resolve financial issues as they happen
- Manage multiple suppliers, partners and client(s) to ensure best outcome for both the client and AKQA. Keep stakeholders informed of project progress at all times and manage expectations proactively
- Elicit and document accurate requirements internally or from clients at outset of project
- Define and agree the scope of work internally and with clients and ensure projects are delivered within this agreed scope
- Proactively identify, manage and mitigate risk on a project
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 3-5 years’ experience of delivering full life-cycle projects in an agency environment while implementing innovative, interactive and consumer-focused solutions
- Experience of managing complex, full life-cycle projects in excess of $100,000
- Experience managing site/app development and pullout and/or managing brand campaigns
- Strong communication and organizational skills
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply