Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
At AKQA, we blend the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products, and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination and deliver impressive returns for our clients.
The Delivery team are at the epicentre of all projects, ensuring they’re delivered to the highest quality, on time, and that clients receive the greatest possible value from their investment. The teams key focus is to build collaborative relationships and effective communication with project teams and clients alike. AKQA’s process and governance standards are industry leading; providing the tools, training and team support to make this possible.
The Project Manager at AKQA will fully understand a project’s desired outcomes. Taking responsibility for assignments, ensuring completion on time and within budget, and that objectives are met, you will confidently address business needs, manage resources and any other issues necessary to deliver all aspects of the assignment. Your role will focus primarily on managing technology projects.
From our location in the heart of KSA, AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class. You will work in an environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership. As part of the KSA Team, you’ll be liaising with bright minds across India, UAE, KSA and Egypt, and your assignment will be to work on client premises, for the duration of the project.
• Provide end-to-end hands-on project management of both small and large-scale projects throughout their life cycle; From initial scoping phase, through planning, estimating and budgeting, scheduling, design and development and full implementation
• Oversee the day-to-day management and smooth running of Living’s digital accounts; Ensuring our clients are receiving the highest individual attention and ensuring that we deliver, as a team, quality projects on time, on budget and brief
• Scope digital projects with clients; Understanding their individual requirements and creating accurate documentation, including creative design briefs, functional specifications and site maps
• Liaising with relevant teams (Technical, Creative), clients and third-party agencies for the duration of the project
• Tracking the project deliverables and matching those with agreed deadlines
• Using content management systems and project management software
• Apply Agile methodologies to the needs of project (e.g. Scrum, XP, Kanban)
• Ensure aims of project and quality standards are both met
• Where relevant, recruit and manage specialists and sub-contractors to ensure quality and practices are maintained
• Track and report financial status of a project against current estimate. Highlight potential overruns before they occur. Proactively identify, manage and mitigate risks on a project, focusing on solutions
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing and launching large scale, innovative tech projects from brief through to delivery
- Agency experience with strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Solid technical background with the ability to manage technical driven projects from websites, to mobile applications built on multiple platforms including but not limited to (Sitecore, Drupal, Wordpress, etc..)
- Fluent in English and Arabic. (Native Arabic speaker is a must)
- Adept at building effective client relationships and working with several stakeholders to deliver targets
- Experienced in a range of project management software including PRINCE2, Agile and Waterfall
- Strong communication with excellent presentation, report writing and data analysis capabilities
- Ability to work under pressure, change direction when required and work on a range of client projects at the same time
- Experience of identifying business opportunities, building client relationships and seeking new business
- Excellent communication, critical thinking and negotiation skills
- Can lead the team through ambiguity and not only guide alignment, but identifies solutions
- Excellent attention to detail, strong customer service ethos, committed to quality, with the will to drive improvements.
- A proven ability to drive work forward while balancing risk, finances, quality of output and client priorities
- Familiarity with multiple project management tools, best practices, and processes
- Certification related to project management is a plus
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.