At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The Delivery team are at the epicentre of all projects, ensuring they’re delivered to the highest quality, on time, and that clients receive the greatest possible value from their investment.
The teams key focus is to build collaborative relationships and effective communication with project teams and clients alike. AKQA’s process and governance standards are industry leading; providing the tools, training, and team support to make this possible
As an AKQA Project Manager, you will manage complex, end-to-end, full life-cycle client projects from inception and requirements definition through to delivery. This is a client-facing role requiring effective communication and management across all internal disciplines.
- Project delivery: responsible for the successful delivery of projects, with high-quality deliverables, on time and to budget. Tailor and communicate an appropriate project structure by methodology or project phase.
- Diverse projects: set up, structure and deliver a diverse range of projects – innovation-based, technically complex, strategic, localised, etc.
- Budget and financial management: work with leads to accurately estimate an agreed scope of work according to the most appropriate model (e.g. fixed-price, capped time and materials, by project phase).
- Track and report financial status of a project against current estimate. Highlight potential overruns before they occur. Escalate and resolve financial issues as they happen.
- Stakeholder management: manage multiple suppliers, partners and client/s to ensure best outcome for both client/s and AKQA. Keep stakeholders informed of project progress at all times and manage expectations proactively. Deliver high-scoring client satisfaction.
- Scope and risk management: elicit and document accurate requirements internally or from clients at outset of project.
- Define and agree the scope of work internally and with client/s and ensure projects are delivered within this agreed scope.
- Manage colleagues and client/s assertively. Proactively identify, manage and mitigate risk on a project.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Display an enthusiasm for creating pioneering ideas, excited by the challenge of moving in new (and potentially more difficult) directions.
- Understand the value of analysing what has worked in the past and applying these learnings to future strategy.
- Balance specific client demands with project realities and reliably close the loop on all open issues in a timely manner.
- Possess strong sense of personal responsibility for own and team’s work, and will proactively assist to ensure delivery of highest quality work within required timeframes (no matter the situation).
- Possess a strong bias to action, able to consistently deliver high-quality work within required timeframes.
- Strive for perfection.
- Upbeat and committed to working life, making a positive contribution to team morale.
- Think issues through before acting and know when to escalate.
- Possess strong listening skills and asks open-ended questions to ensure full understanding.
- Present information effectively via multiple channels: at ease presenting in team meetings or to the occasional larger group setting.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply