At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and content that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The Delivery team are at the epicenter of all projects, ensuring they’re delivered to the highest quality, on time, and that clients receive the greatest possible value from their investment.
The Project Manager at AKQA will acutely understand a project’s desired outcomes. Taking responsibility for assignments, ensuring completion on time, within budget and that objectives are met, the Project Manager will be able to confidently address business needs, manage resources and any issues to successfully navigate and deliver all aspects of the assignment
Located in Berlin, Germany, as part of the AKQA team, you will work in an environment that fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- Successfully deliver projects with high quality deliverables, meeting deadlines and working within project estimates.
- Set up, structure and manage the end-to-end delivery of large projects involving technical complexities such as third party systems and/or CMS integrations, APIs development or integration, rollout plans in multiple countries.
- Successfully manage multiple suppliers, partners and client/s to ensure the best outcome for both client/s and AKQA.
- Keep stakeholders informed of project progress at all times and manage expectations proactively.
- Constantly striving to improve AKQA delivery practices, processes and procedures.
- Manage and deliver projects independently. Track and report the financial status of a project against estimates. Highlight potential overruns before they occur. Escalate and resolve financial issues as they happen.
- Plan and facilitate meetings successfully, ensuring objectives are met and documented as required.
- Tailor and communicate an appropriate project structure by methodology or project phase
- Work with leads to accurately compile an estimate for an agreed scope of work. Structure an estimate according to the most appropriate model and effectively communicate to clients.
- Define and agree on Scope of Work with both internal teams and client/s, to ensure projects are delivered within agreed scope.
- Balance specific client demands with project realities and reliably close the loop on all open issues in a timely manner.
- Manages the administrative and functional aspects of a project ensuring resource needs are proactively identified and met as well as the ongoing profitability of projects work through effective budget and resource management.
- Manage and coordinate stakeholders, partners and vendors and facilitate ongoing project reporting.
- Set up and facilitate both internal and client post-project reviews and share learning with relevant parties (e.g. AKQA teams, client groups and third parties).
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- +5 years of experience of managing a multi-disciplined service delivery function in an agency environment implementing innovative, interactive and consumer focused solutions.
- Experience in leading complex design/technology driven projects such as websites, e-commerce, mobile apps.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle
- Strong organisation skills – responsive to colleagues for overall efficiency and effectiveness
- Self-motivation with the ability to work autonomously
- Make sound commercial/financial decisions, quickly understand problems, propose solutions and manage customer situations.
- Ability to discuss with clients regarding merits/drawbacks of projects/work streams being delivered. Must be client facing.
- Strong attention to detail. Strive for the best quality of production
- Systematic, methodical and pragmatic approach to your own work and the projects you run
- Show pro-activity and don’t hesitate to take initiative to challenge and improving the existing
- Strong customer service ethos – committed to quality with the will to constantly drive improvements. Committed to high standards of excellence and integrity.
- Negotiates well, listens actively and makes compelling points.
We provide an extensive range of benefits. To find out more click here.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply