At AKQA, we blend the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products, and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination and deliver impressive returns for our clients.
The Delivery team are at the epicentre of all projects, ensuring they’re delivered to the highest quality, on time, and that clients receive the greatest possible value from their investment.
The team’s key focus is to build collaborative relationships and effective communication with project teams and clients alike. AKQA’s process and governance standards are industry leading; providing the tools, training and team support to make this possible.
Working with globally recognised and highly respected brands, the Project Manager is responsible for the full life cycle of medium sized client projects from inception through to delivery. With the support of the Programme Director and Client Service Leads, the role is responsible for translating a brief into a detailed scope document, planning and budgeting projects accurately and managing the project and team effectively. This is a client-facing role requiring effective communication and management across all internal disciplines.
Located in Berlin, Germany, as part of the AKQA team, you will work in an environment that fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- Lead a diverse range of fast-moving global projects that are innovation-based, technically and organisationally complex, strategic, digital, brand and comms focused.
- Successfully deliver projects with high-quality deliverables, on time and to budget.
- Identify what success looks like for each project, with client agreement, to ensure we achieve that as a team.
- Tailor and communicate an appropriate project structure by methodology or project phase. Document this clearly in the scope of work.
- Work with leads to accurately estimate a project according to the most appropriate model (e.g. fixed-price, capped time and materials, by project phase).
- Write thorough, considered scopes of work that can act as contracts for your projects. Define and agree the scope of work internally and with clients, and ensure projects are delivered within this agreed scope.
- Forecast resource requirements across teams and assist Resource Management to plan proactively.
- Use AKQA management information system to effectively create, track and monitor overall projects, burn rates, and financial progress. Highlight potential overruns before they occur. Escalate and resolve financial issues as they happen.
- Author well-crafted Project Status Reports, ensuring they are submitted on time, every week.
- Present and communicate effectively internally and externally, both verbally and in written formats.
- Manage multiple suppliers, partners and clients to ensure the best outcome for both clients and AKQA. Keep stakeholders informed of project progress at all times and manage expectations proactively.
- Track and report the financial status of a project against the current estimates. Highlight potential overruns before they occur.
- Proactively identify, manage and mitigate risks on a project, focusing on solutions.
- Balance specific client demands with project realities and reliably close the loop on all open issues in a timely manner.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Experience delivering full life-cycle projects in a marketing / communications agency or consultancy environment, implementing innovative, interactive and consumer-focused solutions.
- Experience working on digitally led campaigns and content production. Global branding, 360 campaigns and innovation project experience is also desirable.
- Accomplished communicator who gains the confidence of the business and the trust of clients.
- Able to build strong relationships and achieve results under potentially difficult circumstances.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure with a high degree of flexibility and fluidity. Self-motivated and comfortable working independently.
- Possess good business acumen and sound judgement.
- Strong customer service ethos, committed to quality, with the will to drive improvements.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Constantly strive to improve AKQA delivery practices, processes and procedures.
We provide an extensive range of benefits. To find out more click here.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply