QA Analyst Mobile
An AKQA group company, the Millipede team create mobile experiences that make people learn, laugh, and tap play one more time. Firm believers in the transformative power of education, creativity and technology, they use human-centric design to turn complex ideas into beautiful games, applications and programs.
As a Quality Assurance Analyst at Millipede, you'll be the critical technical checkpoint in the production process. With a passion for building exceptional mobile experiences and a proactive approach, you'll extend and develop first-class QA practices in a collaborative team to deliver fun, polished, and often socially meaningful projects.
Located in Melbourne, opposite the Botanic Gardens and a tram stop, you'll work in a meritocratic culture with some of the brightest minds in their fields. You will have a unique opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, with access to ongoing personal and professional development. AKQA is committed to your career growth as well as work/life balance.
- Collaborate to improve QA practices, or create, document, and implement new methods.
- Define, request and set up test data, then create and execute test cases, and report on progress.
- Effectively engage with automated and scripted testing techniques (with technical support).
- Enter feature defects in the tracking systems (Jira) and follow up to resolve all defects.
- Own application quality by resolving bugs on time and passing tests before features close.
- Be aware of best practice and technological advances (OS, devices, tools, methodologies).
- Share your Subject Matter Expert (SME) knowledge on mobile application and game testing.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Understands complex business requirements and can devise effective test cases.
- A deep knowledge of overall system architecture, components and technology.
- Excellent technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong and detailed test-case experience, including: writing and executing, identifying gaps, suggesting fixes, raising defects, and performing ongoing exploratory testing.
- A comprehensive understanding of the mobile user experience across Android and iOS.
- Experience using Agile QA methodology, Jira, Confluence and Excel is advantageous.
- Experience with web services testing, RESTful API technologies (including JSON) and tools (Postman, Charles) is also advantageous.
- Experience with continuous integration processes and automated builds is a plus.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.