London, United Kingdom
Quality Assurance Manager
As the Quality Assurance Manager you will be responsible for product excellence, gatekeeper for quality, the Quality Assurance Manager is a leader who is inspired by best practice, state-of-the-art testing techniques who champion test automation to deliver technological innovation across enterprise and consumer applications. The driving force behind the Quality strategy, the Quality Assurance Manager will create and implement test and quality assurance strategies, processes and procedures.
London (Farringdon) based whilst frequently collaborating with our global Studio's, you will enjoy working in a team of highly skilled people, all with strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks and approaches to delivery. You will articulate your ideas to your colleagues effectively whilst also taking on board the ideas of others. You will thrive when faced with new challenges, view them as opportunities and constantly look to improve client deliverables. You will work in a progressive environment that fosters a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- Create detailed test strategies that take into consideration multiple testing techniques.
- Champion test automation and technical testing tools such as IRA, JMeter, browserstack, Cypress, Selenium, Appium, Postman, and Acunetix. (ideally recognised by formal qualifications).
- Ability to identify risks throughout the project life cycle and communicate them effectively.
- Develops, implements, and manages processes to ensure that products meet required specifications for quality, function, and reliability prior to delivery.
- Communicates quality standards and parameters to QA team, product development team, and other appropriate staff.
- Stay abreast of technical developments and industry standards and successfully apply them to work practices in order to support process improvement.
- Ability to estimate and define supporting resource plans.
- Ability to create strong relationships with clients technical and QA teams.
- Mentor and help develop other members of the team.
- ISEB certification in Testing (intermediate level) is advantageous.
QUALITIES & CHARACTERISTICS
- 5 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Manager or similar role.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Be a champion for product excellence.
- A hands-on approach when required.
- Be a coach and motivator who can inspire colleagues and clients with best practices and state-of-the-art testing techniques and procedures.
- Acute attention to detail and drive for perfection.
- Be inspired by emerging testing technologies to apply relevant learnings to our business and that of our work for clients.
- Be an advocate of Agile methodology (TDD/BDD/Scrum).
- Experience testing native iOS and Android applications is advantageous.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply