Melbourne – Wurundjeri Country, Australia
R&D Lead Designer
Designers at AKQA craft, concept and deliver interfaces that make technology easier and more enjoyable to use. With expertise in design strategy, technology and brand, our design team of researchers, visual designers and user experience designers work with clients to create meaningful experiences.
As a Lead Designer, you’ll play an integral role in one of our Innovation teams. Innovation teams are structured and informed by design thinking and co-design methodologies: diverse and small, together they are able to tackle a wide range of problems. Lead Designers are expected to inspire and show leadership within the agency. As a thought leader in the creative industry, you will participate in activities such as blogging, speaking at conferences, writing thought leadership pieces, performing workshops and building the agency’s profile.
At AKQA, you will work in an innovative and inclusive culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to your career growth, as well as to your work/life balance. We're open to remote-working across Australia for this role.
- Responsible for the overall design and execution of Innovation sprints.
- Foster cross-discipline collaboration throughout AKQA.
- Generate ideas and actions that produce tangible business results.
- Manage client relationships, building effective client/agency partnerships.
- Responsible for the definition, communication and enforcement of delivery workflows in partnership with the Innovation, Client Services and Delivery teams.
- Translate project requirements into designs.
- Research and develop new IP around project delivery, consulting and design execution.
- Ensure brand integrity is maintained across all projects.
- Encourage and foster development of new capabilities within the Innovation team.
- Responsible for the quality and usability of all of our projects/products delivered.
- Provide design strategy across projects.
- Present concepts to key stakeholders, including clients where applicable.
- Participate in blogging, speaking at conferences and thought leadership pieces to build AKQA and the Innovation profile.
- Educate the agency on the outcomes of sprints.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Strong design skills and able to upskill as new challenges present themselves
- Strong research skills.
- Strong experience with the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience using design tools such as Figma, InDesign and Sketch.
- Able to apply imaginative and analytical thinking to create ground-breaking experiences.
- Super passionate about emerging technologies.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.Apply