Melbourne – Wurundjeri Country, Australia
React Native Developer
AKQA believes in the imaginative application of art and science to create a better future with our clients. Supporting this, we have a culture of excellence in Software Development and Marketing Technology and pride ourselves on our track record of helping our clients reimagine customer experiences. Working closely with Experience Design and Back End Engineering, Front End Engineers transform visual design into code and static designs into elegant and intuitive solutions.
As a Senior React Native Developer, you will help ensure we develop the highest standard mobile solutions for AKQA’s clients, devising best practices to manage performance and scalability.
Located in Melbourne, as part of AKQA you’ll work in an innovative and inclusive culture surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
- Develop and maintain modern React-based customer experiences across both web and mobile, focused on React Native mobile applications.
- Work with native modules when required.
- Release amazing applications to the Apple and Google Play stores.
- Plan and execute testing (unit and integration tests) across multiple platforms and solutions.
- Partner with developers, producers, QA and UX/UI specialists to deliver a range of best-in-class digital products/projects.
- Collaborate within an iterative Agile methodology, participating in sprint planning, retrospectives and daily standups.
- Provide accurate estimates for work to be completed.
- Consult with project leads in high-level planning and defining the technical approach.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Experience developing and releasing high-performance and elegant mobile applications with React Native for Android and iOS.
- Strong development experience, especially on enterprise-level mobile/responsive website projects.
- Able to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve technical problems with forensic attention to detail.
- Experience across TypeScript, GraphQL (Apollo or GraphQL Mesh), StoryBook is advantageous.
- Cross-platform browser testing ability in Mac PC/IOS/Android.
- Web CSS preprocessor experience such as SASS/LESS, as well as like Emotion and Style Components.
- Sound knowledge of concepts such as Atomic Design, OOP, SMACSS, OCSS or BEM.
- Experience with Twitter Bootstrap, Material UI or similar frameworks.
- Desire to learn and embrace the latest technologies.
- Strong communication skills.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.Apply