Receptionist & Office Assistant, part-time
The creative minds at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labours of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
As a Receptionist & Office Assistant at AKQA you will join a very international team. You will have the opportunity to learn and be exposed to the operation of our business. We want you to gain a full understanding of the industry by talking and working with leading professionals.
This is certainly an opportunity for anyone who has always wanted to work in digital marketing and gain experience by joining as a Receptionist & Office Assistant in the Core Services team. A great stepping stone into the industry as many have done before and became successful within client services, project management and even as copywriters.
As a Receptionist & Office Assistant in our Core Services team you will have an opportunity to grow and be exposed to all areas of the business. You will help and proactively come up with ideas to provide the studio with a 5 star experience for both employees and clients.
Located on the Herengracht in central Amsterdam. At AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership from influential authors, athletes, artists and entrepreneurs. You will work in an environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership, and you will be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
You will be the face of the studio creating an amazing office environment where you can proactively initiate ideas. You will be working in a team consisting of HR and Office and you will be exposed to a great variety of tasks. Ranging from answering phone and administrative tasks to building relations with suppliers and supporting our employees wherever needed. Not to forget supporting with events, office refurbishment and other tasks.
This is a part-time and onsite role and the fixed days per week in the office are: Mondays, Tuesday and Fridays.
- Be the go to person for the day to day support of Front of House
- Create a 5 star experience: professional guest and recognising regular guests; greeting new employees
- Assures all calls are answered professionally and promptly, routed to proper individuals, and takes messages when necessary
- You will be working closely with our Senior HR Manager and Office Manager and support with the onboarding and off-boarding processes
- Assist with office administration: purchasing, inventory, delivery of gifts, book taxis and courier services
- Assist with ordering catering for meetings, events and kitchen
- Assist with invoicing and payment tracker and work with Office Manager to ensure timely payment
- Assist with the organisation and set-up of all internal events. Contribute to event ideas and always strive to improve
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Hungry to learn new skills, proactively and from peers
- You are relentlessly attentive to detail
- You embrace challenges and want to make a difference in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- You take initiative where you see opportunities
- You have excellent communication skills in English and basic knowledge of Dutch
- You are organised and you know how to manage your time and prioritise your tasks
- You are service oriented and proactive
- You have experience with customer service or hospitality
- You are familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, Keynote
- Experience in an agency or in a fast-paced environment is a big plus
AKQA is committed to developing wellbeing and supporting life choices for our team. We provide an extensive range of benefits. To find out more click here.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply