Cape Town, South Africa & Johannesburg, South Africa
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Within AKQA, we view Data as an integral part of our mission to deliver value for our clients and create positive impact for their customers. As part of a multi-disciplinary approach to problem-solving, our team provides a wide range of capabilities including measurement strategies, user experience analytics, consumer research, and applied data science.
We are looking for an ambitious and proactive Analyst to support a range of media clients across EMEA by providing first class data and insight support to various teams and stakeholders.
You’ll take ownership of our business-wide reporting and lead on initiatives that build our understanding of and confidence in our data. This includes building and managing a suite of Datastudio dashboards that allows our teams to use data when they need it as well as scaling our data validation checks to maximise the quality of what we are sharing. You’ll be answering performance questions with data and helping establish and manage regular reporting for the teams you work with.
- Ownership of our suite of company-wide performance dashboards (Datastudio). This includes:
- Maintaining existing reporting dashboards.
- Iterating and improving reporting over time to ensure it is up to date and fit for purpose.
- Being champion for the dashboards - answering queries, educating and monitoring usage.
- Setup and ownership of various team-specific dashboards and reports.
- Ownership of various ad-hoc analytics and insights queries to support wider teams.
- Supporting to ensure consistent measurement and use of data across teams and ease of flow of key insights to clients.
- Ensuring quality control in data collection and improving confidence in the data through investigation of variances and establishing tools and processes to alert the team when data appears to be anomalous.
- Creation of monthly reports for all campaigns.
Advantageous Skills, Knowledge, Expertise
- Exposure to specific tools and concepts, including:
- Web analytics - must have (Google Analytics).
- Data visualisation - must have (Datastudio).
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets.
- Strong proficiency with Keynote/Powerpoint.
- Working knowledge of web analytics implementation - with ability to identify tracking problems, diagnose causes and scope a solution.
- Experience of scoping, building and maintaining reporting and dashboards.
- Experience of bringing meaning and understanding to data from multiple, disparate sources and ability to tell a compelling story with data.
- Analyst experience in a paid media environment is very beneficial.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.