Working with the Department Leads the Resource Manager is responsible for managing the resource pool for AKQA Paris across permanent, freelance and outsourced partner staff, so that it is continuously adjusted to meet both current and future client needs.
The Resource Manager liaises with Client and Project Managers to gain visibility on future work, and with Department Leads to ensure a suitable team is established for delivery and matches individual skills and aspirations to client requirements, achieving high utilisation across the team.
Working closely with the Delivery, Operations and Finance teams the Resource Manager works to ensure a smooth process across all matters related to Resourcing.
The Resource Manager will also be managing smaller pitch and maintenance projects and support the Delivery team on other smaller tasks. This person is a juggler, a problem solver and a quick thinker with a level head and excellent people skills. The Resource Manager will need to have a strong understanding of the creative and engagement processes and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills. This role requires a high level of patience and diplomacy in a fast-moving environment.
- Be the point of contact for resource requests. Maintain and manage day-to-day resourcing needs, inputting all bookings from Project Owners and approved absences.
- Be the point of contact to share resource capacity and needs across the AKQA network, especially with the other European studios.
- Match resource requests to skill sets for optimal use of resources, being aware of the current skills and career aspirations of team members.
- Prepare for and run the weekly resource meeting with Project Owners and Department Leads, to discuss current resource needs, risks, resolve any issues and potential new business.
- Resolve resource conflicts with support as required from the Department Leads.
- Prepare for, drive and meaningfully contribute to resourcing meetings/discussions; identifying resourcing issues, facilitating discussions and effective decision making.
- Manage resource planning overview for all departments based on input from Project Owners and weekly meeting.
- Liaise with Project Leads, Client Services and Department Leads to maintain a forecast of resource requirements / staffing needs for projects over the coming three months.
- Identify in advance where demand for resources cannot be met internally, due to capacity or skill constraints.
- Maintain a deep understanding of needs, skillsets and bandwidth across all departments.
- Identifies freelance requirements, locates and vents candidates for Department Leads to review and approve.
- Ensure freelancers are managed well from initial contact, to hire and arriving at the office.
- Manage and arrange freelance contracts and invoice approval.
- Nurture strong relationships with freelancers, ensuring delivery of high-quality work and liaise with Department Leads regarding specific problems.
- Proactively builds on a pre-existing network of contacts.
- Handle all queries on timings and resource allocation.
- Make recommendations for on-going development of process and best practice for Resourcing.
- Follow up completion of timesheets on a weekly basis.
- Report on resource plans, forecasts and freelance costs.
- Manage and run small maintenance projects and pitches
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Experience in a traffic, project management or HR role within a project-based strategic, creative or technical agency environment. Knowledge of digital processes, techniques and technologies preferred.
- Experience in an agency setting preferred
- Identifies resource issues: achieves balance between broad view of resource requirements across the office and the detailed view maintained by Project Owners. Identifies and investigates potential challenges to assist resource planners in ensuring mitigation strategies or firm solutions are in place in advance.
- High problem solving capabilities - uses creativity to unblock issues and problems.
- Detailed knowledge of the company’s working practices and processes - maintains a detailed knowledge of the company’s departments and services.
- Negotiation and conflict management - achieves the best possible outcome in every negotiation. Establishes empathy in all negotiations and anticipates, defuses and resolves conflicts between colleagues and customers.
- Multi-tasking - ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously ensuring delivery of all to the highest standards.
- Solid understanding of project lifecycle and process: able to understand complex project requirements, understand briefs, and recognize potential risks and dependencies relevant to resourcing work.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA's ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.