Auckland – Tāmaki Makaurau, New Zealand & Wellington – Te Whanganui-a-Tara, New Zealand
At AKQA, our Project Management Office team sets the approach and standard for project delivery and governance, ensuring that clients receive the greatest possible value from their investment. Responsible for effective team performance, they provide team members with the right tools, support and training.
As a Resource Manager, you will be responsible for helping maximise studio efficiency through effective distribution and allocation of talent and management of freelance resources. In this essential role, you’ll work across our talented teams providing resource planning and gatekeeping for a wide range of creative and technical projects.
Located in Auckland or Wellington, as part of AKQA you’ll work in an innovative and inclusive culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage freelance recruitment and financial management across the region, working with team leads to ensure we have access to a strong pool of trusted contractors.
- Collaborate with project managers to forecast resourcing requirements, monitor time expenditures and help manage and maintain agency financial processes.
- Provide insights and recommendations to optimise talent utilisation and meet all short and long-term resourcing requirements.
- Work with team leads to ensure we have access to a strong pool of trusted contractors.
- Manage project risks and issues, effectively communicate mitigation plans and escalate issues where appropriate.
- Motivate and generate enthusiasm within the team.
QUALITIES & CHARACTERISTICS
- Excellent attention to detail and strong communication skills.
- Excellent time management and problem-solving abilities
- Enthusiastic, solution-focused attitude, with the determination to find the best outcome for all projects
- Experience working in a fast-paced agency or other professional services business, preferably in a similar resource or producer role.
- Understanding of project management/delivery practices and principles
- Enthusiastic, solution-focused attitude, with the determination to find the best outcome for all projects.
- Experience working with the MS Office Suite of applications.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.Apply