San Francisco, United States
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
From our location in San Francisco's SOMA district - the epicenter of the Bay Area's technology industry - AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities.
The Search Supervisor is responsible for the overarching Paid and Organic strategy across various Clorox brands. The Search Supervisor will oversee the SEM Strategists, guiding them in both strong execution and long-term planning. This role will also have a dotted line to the SEO team, ensuring that the overall Search vision carries over to Organic, not just Paid.
This role will also be the day-to-day relationship lead between AKQA and a key client, leading strategic and tactical planning activities, triaging projects, managing internal stakeholders to deliver on-time and on-brief, and organizing outbound client communication. As the Search Supervisor you will be responsible for coordinating projects and communication across internal paid search, organic search, data science, and media groups to deliver on client goals.
Preferred candidates will be self-starters, with an ambition to help grow expertise and services for a top client. This candidate will possess a knowledge and passion for the media landscape and help keep the company up-to-date on what trends will have an impact on our clients’ business.
- Lead a client’s search strategy and work with the campaign management team to ensure the plans are delivered appropriately.
- Mentor and develop his/her unit, including goal setting, collaboration, training, feedback reviews and other career development opportunities
- Multi-task while maintaining attention to detail
- Act as a first point of escalation for search related issues around and not limited to campaign performance. Ensure issues are dealt with tact and in a timely manner
- Maintain high comfort level working with minimal supervision
- Provide strategic recommendations to internal teams on innovative approaches to reach target audiences in new and interesting ways
- Summarize case studies and learnings to share with broader internal and client teams
- Help develop training programs for agencies and clients (101, 201, future of search…)
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Four to five years’ experience in campaign management, organic search and/or paid search
- Proven ability to think strategically about campaign performance and optimization
- Experience managing campaign pacing and performance, providing internal and client teams with insights or optimization recommendations
- Exceptional knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote, and strong understanding of project management and communication tools such as Basecamp, Huddle, Slack, etc.
- Experience working daily with very senior internal and client-side stakeholders, including phone calls, email, and formal presentations
- Hands-on experience with paid search platforms and/or Third party tools (AdWords, Bing, Gemini, Kenshoo, Marin, etc…)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment while handling multiple tasks with fluid priorities.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.