Senior Account Director
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design innovative brand campaigns, adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
At AKQA, the Client Services team are the champions for product excellence and enduring client relationships, being highly organised and credible sparring partners. They nurture and build client relationships founded on shared values and aspirations – and are motivated by work that makes a meaningful and sustained impact with a passion for our clients’ business, industry best practices and state-of-the-art techniques.
As an AKQA Senior Account Director for Brand Comms & Experience Design, you will focus on two types of projects:
- on brand communications, you will be working with leading digital consumer brands as well as large incumbent brands on their quest to transform through innovative and impactful campaigns.
- on experience design, you will oversee projects in the space of product and service design, unlocking new opportunities for our clients and their brands across their digital ecosystems.
Your deep understanding of their business, their challenges and opportunities will enable you to strengthen their image or steer business-building ideas more closely related to digital transformation, ultimately delivering on measurable impact.
Our Senior Account Directors are charismatic, design and technology enthusiasts who display the the management skills required to keep abreast of the current market and juggle multiple projects simultaneously. Effective communication, a collaborative, empathic nature and top-notch presentation skills are also necessary to deal effectively with clients and keep the team to deadlines.
With our studio located in Berlin Mitte, you will work in a diverse, multi-cultural network of specialists by collaborating across our twelve European studios. You will work in an environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership, and you will be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- Ownership of Client Services responsibilities around different accounts, both internally and externally with a strong client services ethos, a commitment to quality and consistently driving improvements.
- Continuously committed to high standards and business strategy.
- Establish and develop collaborative partnerships with key clients to deliver against business objectives, identifying and nurturing further organic growth opportunities towards long-standing client relationships.
- Lead and grow strategic, creative, and technology-centered work.
- Consistently demonstrate your strategic capabilities and presentation skills in framing client challenges, defining project approaches and ensuring value-based outcomes.
- Effectively empathise, synthesise and communicate client requirements in clear briefings.
- Orchestrate the optimal service delivery and ensure overall client satisfaction.
- Motivate and coordinate multidisciplinary teams across studios, disciplines and partners.
- Manage and organise successfully a variety of activities.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Fluent English, German a strong plus.
- A passion for creativity, innovation and business strategy.
- Excellent business acumen and sound judgement. You are entrepreneurial with a collaborative, supportive and team-based approach
- Strong understanding and experience in brand communications, the digital landscape, customer experience perspective and transformation; understanding how business, brands and customers interact, with deep knowledge of the role that technology plays in this relationship
- A consultative, conscientious and rigorous approach to increasing our client's competitive advantage
- Experience in running projects in:
- creative brand campaigns for innovative brands
- product and service design, UX
- Strong problem-solving skills; able to demonstrate how you’ve made a measurable difference to an organisation, project or team.
- Experience in insight and idea generation, ability to judge creative ideas for their distinctiveness, relevance and effectiveness.
- Ability to understand and lead a cross-disciplinary team through the dynamics of a client’s business and the sector in which it operates: driving the creative process in partnership with strategy, experience design and creative peers towards honing and crafting ideas and selling them in successfully to clients.
- Team player with strong leadership skills, able to manage people across multiple projects under pressure with a high degree of flexibility and fluidity, keeping an objective-focused and positive approach.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate and inspire.
- A personable, professional and polished approach
- Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a digital agency environment
- Organised, professional, proactive, clear & concise communication style, simple language & high cultural awareness.
- Track record of nurturing and mentoring junior team members
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.