London, United Kingdom
Senior Account Director
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As a team member of the AKQA client services department you will influence changes in consumer behaviour through ideas, creativity and the use of interactive media. You will make a difference to digital communications, marketing and advertising, and inspire the best global brands.
The Senior Account Director (SAD) holds a senior client leadership role within AKQA. You will be responsible and accountable to the Group Account Director and indirectly the London office management team for the health of the client accounts.
The Senior Account Directors build valuable long term client relationships by working with senior clients who understand broader strategic opportunities of digital media to their business. The SAD focuses on the strategic direction of the accounts and thought innovation for clients. Their role is to provide directional leadership in the digital space and drive the clients business forward by exploring emerging digital opportunities.
- Builds and maintains a deep and mutually beneficial client relationship; challenges clients; identifies opportunities, educates them, learns from them, understands key business issues and regularly plans and facilitates quarterly review sessions.
- Manager escalated client / project issues - acts as an escalation point for client and project related issues.
- Builds good relationships with team members, ensuring the team has a high level of morale.
- Identifies key business opportunities and ensure the full breadth and depth of AKQA resources are presented.
- Leadership and management of multi-disciplinary resources as and when they are engaged on client activity (project management, strategy, technology and creative).
- Conducts company performance reviews, sets SMART objectives and reviews regularly.
- Leadership, management, mentoring and development of account team members; Senior Account Managers, Account Managers and Account Executives.
- Keeps team informed of company news and decisions.
- Monthly financial tasks - complete monthly financial tasks such as revenue recognition and forecasting in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Ensures compliance with all internal account and project tracking procedures (MAS500).
- Ensures client projects/activity is processed/billed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Regularly and consistently maintains reporting documents to manage clients and projects efficiently and professionally; forecasting, resourcing, status reporting and invoicing.
- Meets and exceeds revenue targets.
- High quality of project deliverables meets deadlines and works within estimations.
- Ensures projects are delivered in a timely and professional manner taking responsibility and accountability for all internal resources and costs used on client work.
- Ensures direct reports are meeting utilisation and billability targets, completing timesheets accurately.
QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive account management experience at a leading digital agency, professional services firm or similar organisation.
- Successful track record of building exceptional client relationships; necessary capability, presence and professionalism to inspire confidence and credibility with clients and colleagues.
- Understanding and experience of web/internet and marketing; experience in business strategy, information design, creative design and web technology (what we sell), as well as broad understanding of marketing/advertising elements of campaigns, annual plans, strategic goals and brand awareness.
- Proven background in brand positioning and strategy, channel planning, campaign strategy and social.
- A passion for innovation and business strategy.
- Ability to build successful ‘trusted advisor’ relationships with key senior client contacts.
AKQA is committed to developing wellbeing and supporting life choices for our team. We provide an extensive range of benefits. To find out more click here.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply