Washington DC, United States
Senior Account Director
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
This role is a key leader of a pillar account for our Washington DC studio, guiding an award-winning multidisciplinary team responsible for iconic brands and integrated launch campaigns for a large video games client. The work includes global activations for some of the industry's most high-profile video games.
Based in DC, our collaborative teams work across a broad range of clients in design, strategy, analytics, product management, content, user experience and technology, with a core focus in the creation of brand-centric integrated campaign work.
We exist to create the future with our clients and that partnership is the basis of our practice. We work collaboratively across client teams to ensure each experience is of the highest quality and has a measurable impact on the customer and business alike.
- Shape the account's direction and tone by building alignment and cohesion within the program leadership team
- Partner with our senior clients to set their vision and translate it into actionable steps for the agency team, the continuously assess progress and potential changes through quarterly reviews and annual surveys
- Earn the role of a trusted advisor by developing deep expertise in every aspect of the client's business and proposing solutions that benefit both client and agency
- Strengthen and grow the client relationship by personally engaging and guiding the agency team's client interactions
- Contribute directly to creating and enhancing great ideas by bringing expertise to bear through each creative process step, from brief to delivery
- Create an environment where clients and the agency team can confidently collaborate through challenges and actively help work around escalated problems
- Mentor and develop two direct reports, leading by example with exceptional Client Service acumen
- Act as an escalation point for client and agency teams on issues that rise above the day-to-day
- Directly lead campaigns as a second-hat as necessary
- Author annual growth strategy, accurately forecast account revenue, and ensure the team has what's necessary to achieve those goals
- Lead annual scope and contract negotiation, partnering with Production to model the team approach and costs
- Help craft narratives for high-level client presentations to maximize sell-in of innovative thinking
Qualifications & Characteristics
- A passion for video games is valuable but not necessary
- Experience with video games or entertainment clients is a significant plus
- Experience leading large accounts with numerous clients and simultaneous launch campaigns at different phases of development
- Master communicator, deftly using every tool to influence outcomes and sell-in great work
- Crafts compelling presentation narratives and excellent "in the room" no matter the audiences
- Maneuvers through uncertainty with ease to create clarity and alignment
- An energetic, inspiring leader that can rally client and agency teams with optimism and resilience
- Fearless in proactively having difficult but necessary conversations to support the relationship and work
- Possess a passion for excellent ideas and the capacity to see potential and nourish it
- A natural relationship builder confident in navigating complex client organizations to earn rapport, recognition, credibility, and influence
- Entrepreneurial spirit with experience contributing to new business efforts and driving organic growth
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply