Senior Account Director
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to build modern brands, create future experiences and accelerate new business ideas. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and experiences that capture the imagination while delivering impressive business returns for our clients.
The Client Services team is responsible for every facet of our enduring client partnerships – from ensuring an unwavering commitment to delivering meaningful outcomes to redefining the future of brands and businesses. With a profound empathy for our client’s business context, their customer base and society as a whole, they embrace an entrepreneurial mindset to identify and enable opportunities to nurture sustained growth. Equally, the team serves as gatekeepers to the well-being and ambitions of the internal team.
As an AKQA Senior Account Director, you'll be instrumental in answering briefs and helping solve challenges across brand, business and experience for our cross-category clients. More than a manager or consultant, you will foster partnerships with clients to deliver measurable impact, helping come up with creative solutions to business problems and to crack open new opportunities. Your deep understanding of our clients’s brands, businesses and briefs will enable you to drive their digital transformation and effective results. And your ability to lead internal teams, acting as the liaison between client and team, will enable and empower the rest of your fellow team members to deliver the highest fidelity work.
Located on the Nieuwe Herengracht in central Amsterdam, you will have access to our diverse network of specialists by collaborating across our twelve European studios.
You will work in an environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership, and you will be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- Agency experience beyond handling ATL comms required, knowledge in digital experiences, services and ecosystems mandatory - you understand how to translate marketing objectives into innovation opportunities.
- Establish collaborative partnerships with key clients to deliver against business objectives - you are responsible for their business performance and our client satisfaction score.
- Continuously research, think, and develop thought provoking questions, ideas, pivots and proposals to our clients - you know how to organically grow clients by being 6 months ahead.
- Consistently demonstrate your strategic capability and presentation skills in framing client challenges, defining project approaches and ensuring value based outcomes - you build trust with clients because you’re passionate about being in front of them.
- Effectively empathise, synthesise and communicate client requirements in clear briefings - you know that the team’s success comes down to focus and clarity of the task at hand.
- Motivate and coordinate multidisciplinary teams across studios, disciplines and partners - you understand that your team is your business and you should treat them with respect, empathy and inspiration.
- Support continual process improvements across the AKQA’s evolving service offering - we are a continuous work in progress or your ability to identity improvements is what sets you apart.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 7+ years in digital, strategy, non-traditional advertising agency or business consulting environment.
- Thorough knowledge of omnichannel marketing communications (technology experience +)
- Ability to identify opportunities to enhance clients’ businesses and autonomously grow relationships.
- Strong understanding of the digital landscape, customer experience perspective and transformation
- Strong problem-solving skills; able to demonstrate how you’ve made a measurable difference to an organisation, project or team.
- Experience of managing integrated global/regional campaigns that involve multiple external and internal stakeholders.
- Able to effectively drive new business opportunities, from identification through to conversion, including presenting autonomously at senior levels.
- A positive, proactive and collaborative attitude and passion for innovative work that is both ground-breaking and change-making.
- Experience in authoring strategic proposals and commercial scopes.
Explore our extensive range of benefits here
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.