Senior Accounts Payable
Senior Executive - Accounts Payable
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
You will love working in a team of highly skilled people, all with strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks and approaches to delivery. You will be able to articulate your ideas to your colleagues effectively and will take on board the ideas of others. You will thrive when faced with new challenges and will constantly look to improve clients’ deliverables.
We are looking for a Senior Executive Accounts Payable to join our Finance Team in London to be responsible for maintaining efficient and accurate postings in relation to the Accounts Payable process, from invoice receipt to payment of suppliers.
About the role:
- Administration of purchase invoices and employee expenses
- Make payments for invoices according to supplier payment terms
- Prompt and appropriate resolution of queries from other employees and external suppliers
- Accurate and timely filing and management of accounting records
- Posting of Direct Debit payments as per bank statement
- Reviewing Aged Payables report and investigating any aged items
- Batch, code and process purchase invoices accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensure internal approvals on all project & operational costs from other departments including senior management
- Prepare and post-payment runs and ledger entries
- Check, process and pay employee expenses
- Gather invoices and post-credit card entries
- Check, process. Post and reconcile Precision Pay, BCD Travel & Barclays Card
- Ensure compliance with company policies
- Reconciliation of supplier statements and responding to supplier queries
- working closely with company stakeholders and the management accountant team to ensure that new/existing vendors are set up/updated promptly and compliant with SOX controls
- Low rate of posting errors and Adhoc administrative help
- Support other members of the Finance team as required
- Assist with internal and external audits.
The role centers on one important finance aspect – AP.
This role will provide an excellent opportunity to be an integral part of a busy Finance team and to support and develop key processes.
You will quickly establish strong relationships with external suppliers and internal employees to ensure the Accounts Payable tasks are accurately completed and in a timely manner.
You must have:
- 6-7 years of AP/finance background
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
- Experience of multi-currency transactions
- Experience of Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Willing to work in UK shift (1 pm -10 pm)
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel is desirable
- Experience with Sage 500
Key Skills and Competencies
- Communication skills
- Vendor relationship skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply