Senior Analytics Manager
Data is one of the fastest growing disciplines at AKQA with executive support, a globally connected team, and a wide set of professional tools and data engineering capabilities. Our clients are building the future of their business and more than ever data is at the heart of making this future work.
We’re looking for an Analytics Manager who is passionate about using data to drive insights and optimizations that create better connections for consumers and improve bottom line business results. Our Berlin office is in need of a lead who can bring this practical application of data to key accounts, define data projects and roadmaps for our clients, as well as get their hands on the work to deliver exceptional results.
The ideal candidate has extensive analytics and data expertise, client service / agency background, and Fortune 500 marketing analytics experience.
For the right person this role offers the chance to shine on top tier clients, impact experiences that touch millions, scope and build out a team to deliver on our vision. This role will work directly with department and account leads in Berlin, as well as the Executive Director of Data & Analytics in Europe.
Below are core areas we expect any applicant to be able to speak to comfortably. However, we understand that each applicant will have varying strengths in these areas. What is important is having experience or training to provide an informed POV.
- Data Strategy: Ability to go from a client’s business goals to a complete measurement plan that defines the metrics, systems, and methodologies needed to meet those objectives. Can see the forest for the trees and communicate coherent strategies that tie all the technical details together in executing a business-impacting program.
- Client Service: Always keeping our client’s success top of mind. Experience defining and launching data programs from start to finish: conception, proposal, scoping, and fulfilment. Willing to go the extra distance to ensure projects are a success means ensuring data capture is clean, analysis is thorough, and thinking is sound/relevant to the clients’ business to get a report out.
- Domain Aptitude: Knowledge and mastery in some of the relevant marketing analytics systems, such as web analytics (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.), A/B testing, programmatic marketing, CRM, Social, etc. Ability to guide and train new analysts, setup and configure these systems, and fully utilize these systems for insight and marketing success.
- Mathematical Fluency: Familiarity with core mathematical methods, and relevant applications to marketing analytics; including statistical techniques, knowledge of data science applications, AI/machine learning use cases. Basically, a functional knowledge of when and how to apply these tools sets in a marketing science context; such as A/B and multivariate testing, personalization strategies, ad targeting, and customer clustering.
- Software and Technical Knowledge: Working knowledge of common tools and software (Google 360, Adobe Marketing Cloud, etc). Such as experience with visualization programs like Tableau, proficiency with Excel and knowing what it’s really good for, basic knowledge of SQL databases and how to use them, as well as general knowledge of how statistical software packages (SAS/SPSS, R, Python) can be used to improve or automate work.
- Industry Expertise: Ideally expertise in some major verticals such as retail, telecommunications and technology, automotive, or CPG. Could also speak to an area you are passionate about.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Good signs of this include experience putting together presentations, speaking at conferences, and writing original thinking or POVs on data problems.
- Thought Leadership: An evangelist for data products and services, able to ensure our clients and our teams see the possibilities that data opens up for producing greater insight and better work (through cross-disciplinary collaboration with UX, Design, Creative, Strategy, etc.).
- Ownership: Critical sense of ownership for the success of each account. This person must manage deliverables, understanding scope and timelines in detail in order to help program directors and client team support work and grow relationship with key clients.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.