Senior Analytics Manager
Data is one of the fastest growing disciplines at AKQA with executive support, a globally connected team, and a wide set of professional tools and data engineering capabilities. Our clients are building the future of their business and more than ever data is at the heart of making this future work.
We’re looking for an Analytics Manager who is passionate about using data to drive insights and optimizations that create better connections for consumers and improve bottom line business results. Our Berlin office is in need of a lead who can take charge of key accounts, define the vision and roadmap for our clients as well as get their hands on the work to deliver exceptional results.
The ideal candidate has extensive analytics and data expertise, client service / agency background, experience growing and managing a team, and Fortune 500 marketing analytics experience.
For the right person this role offers the chance to shine on top tier clients, impact experiences that touch millions, scope and build out a team to deliver on our vision.
- Data Strategy: Ability to go from a client’s business goals to a complete measurement plan that defines the metrics, systems, and methodologies needed to meet those objectives. Can see the forest for the trees and communicate coherent strategies that tie all the technical details together in executing a business-impacting program.
- Client Service: Always keeping our client’s success top of mind. Experience defining and launching data programs from start to finish: conception, proposal, scoping, and fulfilment. Willing to go the extra distance to ensure projects are a success means getting dirty and doing the data clean-up to get a report out.
- Domain Aptitude: Knowledge and mastery of relevant marketing analytics systems such as web analytics (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.), A/B testing, programmatic marketing, CRM, Social, and many others. Ability to guide and train new analysts, setup and configure these systems, and fully utilize these systems for insight and marketing success.
- Data Science Fluency: Familiarity with data science methodology and applications, including core statistical fluency, knowledge of machine learning, and functionally how to apply these tools sets in a marketing science context such as A/B and multivariate testing, personalization, ad targeting, and customer clustering.
- Software and Technical Knowledge: Experience with visualization programs like Tableau, proficiency with Excel and knowing what it’s really good for, knowledge of SQL databases and how to use them, as well as knowledge of how statistical software packages (SAS/SPSS, R, Python) can be used to improve or automate work.
- Industry Expertise: Ideally expertise in some major verticals such as retail, telecommunications and technology, automotive, or CPG.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Good signs of this include experience putting together presentations, speaking at conferences, and writing original thinking or POVs on data problems.
- Thought Leadership: An evangelist for data products and services, able to ensure our clients and our teams see the possibilities that data opens up for producing greater insight and better work (through cross-disciplinary collaboration with UX, Design, Creative, Strategy, etc.).
- Ownership: Critical sense of ownership for the success of each account. This person must manage deliverables, understanding scope and timelines in detail in order to help program directors and client team support work and grow relationship with key clients.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.