New York, United States
Senior Art Director
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labours of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
Senior Art Directors play essential roles in the strategy, conception and design of campaigns, products and services. They bring exceptional creative thought and craft output, developing and delivering projects from brief to end user. They approach every brief with fresh eyes. Avoiding familiar solutions, an Art Director generates useful, usable ideas across all existing and emerging platforms. Senior Art Directors create and inspire work that is distinctive, effective and truly remarkable.
The city that never sleeps provides us with constant inspiration. We harness this in the heart of Union Square, where old meets new.
Our New York studio offers teams the opportunity to produce innovative work that moves world-class companies, and their communities forward. All disciplines collaborate to find the best solution while delivering each aspect to the highest standard. From products and services to imaginative storytelling, our shared vision is to create experiences that drive progress and results. We are fortunate to partner with forward-thinking clients, including Verizon, IBM, Mayo Clinic, HSS, Volvo, and Campari.
We empower our teams and clients to make what’s next, while working towards the ultimate acknowledgement, “Only in New York!”
- Works across a variety of projects for one key client or across several growth clients
- Lead, coach, inspire and motivate a team to create and deliver truly remarkable, influential and impactful work
- Establishes and manages the art direction, style and tone of communication. Proposes and delivers world-class executions of innovative experiences across different platforms
- Listens to and responds to creative briefs, understanding where/if there are gaps. Knows what questions to ask during briefing session in order to act upon it, understands how to respond to a brief
- Foster progressive thinking and the pushing of boundaries
- Utilize state-of-the-art techniques and contribute to thought leadership activities
- Experience and ability to succeed in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You have a compelling portfolio of distinctive work that shows craft in art direction and storytelling
- Passionate and driven about the craft itself
- Proven creative success working in collaborative multi-functional teams
- Extensive experience using the most common software
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills
- You are fearless, boundlessly creative and relentlessly attentive to detail
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply