Senior Art Director
AKQA creatives combine artistry and strategic insights to create beautiful ideas that move the world. Senior Art Directors at AKQA play an essential role in generating innovative ideas to create beautiful products, services, content and meaningful experiences which positively impact people’s lives.
As a Senior Art Director you will bring exceptional creative thought and craft output, delivering projects from brief to end user, approaching every brief with fresh eyes and avoiding familiar solutions while generating useful, usable and delightful ideas across existing and emerging platforms.
Based in the Tokyo studio, you will join a cross-functional team focused on delivering outstanding outcomes while having fun and learning from each other. We are currently mostly working remotely; since your health is our first priority, the interview process and, if successful, onboarding, can be arranged either in person or virtually.
Please note: this role is open to applicants fluent in English. An understanding of Japanese is desired but not mandatory.
- Excel in creative conceptual thinking in all of it aspects, ranging from a traditional campaign to an innovative product or service.
- Understand the importance of strategic work and creatively build on strategic platforms.
- Passion for building and growing brands through any creative output.
- Exceptional design aesthetics and extreme attention to detail.
- A hands-on approach to the work.
- Ability to inspire and guide junior creatives.
- Exceptional client service and presentation skills.
- Foster progressive thinking and the pushing of boundaries.
- Thrive in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Existing portfolio of award winning work.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A drive to break boundaries and craft the best ideas in the world of their kind.
- Strong understanding and interest in Japanese culture.
- Strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail.
- Accountability for time management and deliverables.
- Passion for collaborating in cross-functional teams and with clients; Proactive and collaborative participant within multidisciplinary teams to develop labors of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
- Proactivity for research and pursuing professional development.
- Ability to inspire and embrace challenges and new ways of thinking.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply