London, United Kingdom
Senior Azure DevOPS engineer, Freelance
Responsible for developing digital pipelines (CI/ CD pipelines), the Azure DevOps Engineer has a strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and is expert with various automation tools. A driving force to automate code release, the Azure DevOPS engineer will work closely with developers. To Design and implement Azure cloud solutions which are secure, scalable, resilient, monitored, auditable and cost optimised.
London (Farringdon) based whilst frequently collaborating with our global Studio's, you will enjoy working in a team of highly skilled people, all with strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks and approaches to delivery. You will articulate your ideas to your colleagues effectively whilst also taking on board the ideas of others. You will thrive when faced with new challenges, view them as opportunities and constantly look to improve client deliverables. You will work in a progressive environment that fosters a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
Define Azure infra resource requirements and automate their provisioning using Infrastructure as code (IaC) using ARM templates
- Create Azure DevOps Server 2019 build/release pipelines for CI/CD for React, Angular, Android and iOS projects
- Integrate Azure DevOps Server pipelines with Sonarqube and other code/build quality tools
- Integrate Azure Repos, Boards and Build/Release pipelines for custom workflows and reporting
- Adding QA automation tools such as Percy, Selenium and Cypress to React, Angular, Android and iOS projects
- Document automation processes.
- Create and document disaster recovery plan.
- Identify and correct any single points of failure.
- Work with development team and key stake holders to create plan for monitoring Azure resources.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to capture, analyze, and derive DevOps requirements.
- Expertise of Azure Cloud Services, building cloud Environments and serverless approaches is a must have.
- Understanding of network topologies and common network protocols and services
- Applying industry best practices, automation and patterns across infrastructure and application components e.g. security, elasticity, performance.
- Bash and Powershell scripting is a must
- Cloud hosted databases
- Deployments using containers ( Docker / Kubernetes ) and in Infrastructure as Code deployments using Terraform and ARM templates
- Node, common node libraries and frameworks, npm module consumption and publishing
- MS Test or other unit testing frameworks, mocking frameworK
QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTERISTICS
- 5+ years’ industry experience.
- Advocate for improvements to processes, quality, and security
- Analytic and positive mindset with a personable and professional approach.
- Sharp attention to detail and a passion for new technology.
- Professional written and verbal communication.
- Champion continuous improvement and best in class software development processes.