Milan, Italy & Venice, Italy
Senior Back-End Developer
Technology professionals at AKQA are established practitioners of the latest web technologies; building best in class applications, serving users on the modern web landscape, whatever that may be.
We are currently looking for a Senior Back-End Developer, capable of collaborating and delivering on the promises of heavily experiential UI designs, often attempting what has not been attempted before.
In this role, you will design and implement APIs, planning and executing the deployment process and constantly seek to improve client deliverables and team learning; you will be expected to communicate your ideas to your colleagues effectively, and articulate them to other internal stakeholders.
You will join a close-knit and high-skilled team and gain hands-on experience as you design, code, test, launch and sustain digital solutions that enable satisfying and seamless experiences for people out there.
Located in either our Italian offices at H-Farm Campus (Roncade, near Venice) or at WPP Campus (Milan), you will work within multidisciplinary project teams to build robust digital products that surpass client expectations. Since your health is our first priority, we are currently working and holding the majority of interview processes remotely. Once the emergency is over, we are planning to roll out a remote working policy we will be happy to discuss with you during the hiring process.
- Design, develop, test and deliver innovative software components, effective for our clients.
- Apply the necessary tools to guarantee the best development process, delivery observance and a high quality of the software in terms of performance and reliability in all projects (web solutions, content management systems, backend services, APIs).
- Implement software solutions and architectures oriented to the management of huge amounts of data.
- Support the client-facing roles during the analysis phases in the definition of all the necessary aspects (SEO, security, privacy, performance) to guarantee the achievement of defined KPIs.
- Ensure performance optimisation of the application in terms of response time.
- Develop applications with great care of all the aspects related to security in compliance with OWASP rules.
- Commit to a Code Quality process: unit/functional test (PHPUnit or Pest), static code analysis (PHPStan or Psalm), coding style standards (PSR12 as a standard and phpcs as tool).
- Proactively plan your activities according to goals and deadlines, while always ensuring a high level of quality.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You have experience in the development with PHP language.
- You have knowledge and experiences with Serverless architecture (knowledge of Bref or Vapor tool, and knowledge about AWS Lambda).
- You have an excellent knowledge of LAMP stack and at least one of the related framework (Drupal9, Laravel8, Symfony5).
- You have experience in the development of located applications (i18n & i10n).
- You have experience in the design of clear and maintainable APIs.
- You have excellent knowledge of CICD processes and knowledge of GitHub Actions or Gitlab Pipeline.
- You demonstrate a collaborative spirit and you make a point of listening to different perspectives with an open-minded approach.
- You have an interest in knowledge sharing and in mentoring other developers (presentations, code-review, pair-programming etc.).
- You are used to work within multidisciplinary teams; you make a point of listening to different perspectives with an open-minded approach.
- You are comfortable with the trade-offs of using different engineering solutions to a problem, favoring pragmatism over idealism.
- You are able to interact at a professional level in Italian and English (both oral and written).
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply