Senior Business Strategist
At AKQA innovation is a core value. Our multi-disciplinary teams are tasked with disrupting business models, designing customer experience strategies, and building product and service innovations that grow business and continuously deliver value.
Our Business Strategy practice offers global consulting services, in strong collaboration with other AKQA disciplines. We partner with our clients to define and guide them through their digital transformation journey.
We are currently looking for a Senior Business Strategist who will work at local and international level on strategic and organisational topics.
As a Senior Business Strategist, you will be responsible for driving the Business Strategy discipline growth in Italy, solving client briefs with a strategic point of view, assessing the viability of new innovation opportunities and engaging other team members and client representatives around a shared roadmap to implement new and improved business models.
You will combine qualitative-quantitative research, organisational and market analysis, and problem-solving and business planning methods into recommendations that contribute to overall project deliverables.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic and talented consultant/entrepreneur/innovator naturally inclined to work across functions with different colleagues, both internally and with the client team. We seek a risk-taker and intellectually curious individual, eager to contribute to the fast growth of our teams in our AKQA studios in Italy and Europe.
Based in our studio in Milan you will join a cross-functional team focused on delivering outstanding outcomes while having fun and learning from each other. Since your health is our first priority, we are currently working and holding interview processes remotely. Once the emergency is over, we are planning to roll out a remote working policy we will be happy to discuss with you during the hiring process.
- You have an academic background in business-focused subject/s.
- You have 7+ years of experience in a senior role in venture development, product management or customer experience, either consulting, at an agency or within an enterprise or product organisation. You should have extensive experience leading, defining and implementing growth, business and innovation strategies and initiatives across a range of industries.
- You have depth of expertise developing commercially sound, end-end strategic plans for different types of innovation programmes.
- You have a good understanding of P&L of new/existing businesses and main cost/revenue drivers.
- You are able to translate a business model into a set of assumptions for a business plan using market research, relevant benchmarks and own estimates.
- You are able to evaluate the operational impact of strategic recommendations and define/monitor KPIs effectively.
- You have an understanding of how business, brands, and consumers interact, and how technology is impacting their lives
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You are committed to work in a collaborative way, adopting a curious, humble and sharing approach in the day-to-day work.
- You have strong organisational skills and extreme attention to detail. You take responsibility for your own time management and deliverables and relentlessly push to improve and outdo yourself in every work.
- You are able to work within a multidisciplinary team, ‘connecting the dots’ and fostering constructive dialogue and feedback.
- You are able to develop your own point of view and are willing to change it in light of new information.
- You are able to prioritise work, define a roadmap and oversee its implementation.
- You are able to communicate complex ideas clearly and credibly.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in both Italian and English and the ability to interface with clients of a Head, Director, VP, and C-Suite seniority.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Discovering new revenue streams by designing better propositions, ventures and delivery models.
- Creating efficiencies by developing new products & services and improving existing ones.
- Navigating end-to-end product life cycles, business model design, market analysis, financial modelling, and implementation.
- Providing strategic direction on product, experience, and communications initiatives, identifying the key value proposition, consumer needs, and value to the business
- Finding insights through data to identify areas in business and society that need to be improved.
- Enabling your team to forecast and simulate the impact of new offers and business models, to better understand the size of markets and opportunities, and to help inspire and build confidence in the strategic direction of projects through data
- Positioning AKQA at the cutting edge of research and insight.
- Scoping programs of work with clients, providing strategic direction and leadership.
- Proactively creating and converting new revenue opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Motivating and inspiring a team of business strategists towards a shared vision for our studio.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know