San Francisco, United States
Senior Campaign Manager, Programmatic
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The AKQA Trading Desk is a rapidly growing discipline at AKQA. Our mission is to provide our Clients with the best of breed technology, inventory, data, service, and strategy for programmatic media. We believe in radical transparency, maximized media efficacy, and leaning into the future state of media and advertising.
As Senior Campaign Manager, specializing in Programmatic, you are responsible for the day-to-day management of programmatic campaigns, meeting performance goals, exceeding Client expectations, tracking projects, and supervising a small team. This includes programmatic display media, video, mobile, e-commerce, and social campaigns. An ideal candidate is data-driven, detail-oriented, a creative problem solver, and is a self-starter who is excited to work in a rapidly changing industry. Managing a team of associates and developing cross team relationships will be a large part of this role so effective communication, leadership, and professionalism is imperative.
- Ability to independently manage the end-to-end execution of programmatic buys: understand business objectives and provide strategic recommendations as well as campaign set up, QA, analysis, and optimization
- Understand Client goals and represent Client interests to internal teams
- Lead strategic and tactical planning activities
- On behalf of team, set realistic expectations for deliverables and make every effort to exceed them, providing quality work in a timely manner
- Recommend an appropriate mix of strategies and tactics within programmatic media to help drive brand awareness, engagement, and conversions to support Client’s overall goals
- Deliver weekly, monthly, and quarterly results to clients analyzing campaigns and performance to derive key insights on online customer trends and behavior
- Help team members troubleshoot advanced technical issues and train them on sophisticated optimization techniques
- Train, mentor, and manage a team of 1-2 direct reports (Campaign Manager, Programmatic and Associate Campaign Manager, Programmatic)
- Contribute to team POVs on key industry happenings
- Help create POVs, share insights on industry trends and key industry happenings
- Develop and maintain working relationships with vendor partners
- Contribute to department’s organizational assets; best practices, training materials, etc.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Four-year degree. Degree in economics, mathematics, computer science, business, or related preferred
- 2+ years of experience managing programmatic media or search campaigns
- Personnel management experience preferred
- Experience running campaigns spanning a diverse set of verticals and objectives
- Proven analytical ability to digest data, build reports, and derive tactical and strategic insights
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (including operations such as v-lookup, functions, pivot tables, etc.)
- Ability to work across large media teams including campaign management, ad operations, account management, and analytics to ensure seamless delivery of work
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment while handling multiple tasks with shifting priorities
- Familiarity with ad tech landscape, including ad serving, tracking, and attribution technologies
- Familiarity with DSP Self Service Platforms (DV360, TheTradeDesk, Amazon Advertising, MediaMath, AppNexus, etc.)
- Familiarity with Social Platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Sprinklr, etc.)
- Familiarity with DMP Platforms (BlueKai, Salesforce DMP, Adobe Audience Manager, etc.)
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.