San Francisco, United States
Senior Client Finance Manager
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
From our location in San Francisco's SOMA district - the epicenter of the Bay Area's technology industry - AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities.
Media + Data Science is one of the fastest growing disciplines at AKQA with executive support, a global team, a proprietary trading desk, big data stack, and a wide set of professional tools. With our focuses on programmatic media, search, and negotiated media, we are helping our clients to build the future of their businesses.
AKQA is seeking a Senior Client Finance Manager to join our team. This individual is a key member responsible for managing Client Finance and Media Operations function for AKQA Media.
- Be a subject matter expert for all things Client Finance (MSA’s, SOW’s, pricing, and audit compliance) and Media Finance (Vendor MSA’s, IO’s, cash neutrality, CCPA & GDPR)
- Liaise with Senior stakeholders including North American Controller and Legal to ensure proper controls exist to eliminate SOX and Contract risks
- Ensure compliance with all AKQA Policies and Procedures, GAAP, and Sarbanes Oxley controls
- Lead financial system and process improvement plans for AKQA Media in the US and Globally
- Line management and mentorship of 3+ members of the Finance and Media Operations team of varying levels/qualifications and functions
- Keep the Finance Director and Managing Partner updated on all matters of significance with a ‘no surprises’ approach
- Collaborate with Senior Media team across a variety of clients and studios to anticipate and resolve challenges both Client-specific and process related to ensure all Client finance-related deliverables are met and high service standards are maintained
- Work closely with the Media Billing & AR Manager to ensure healthy net-working capital. Provide regular reporting on trends, with process improvement recommendations, KPI’s, and accountability towards goals
- Provide monthly Client profitability reporting, including analysis of impacts on current margins, performance against targets, and areas of improvement
- Review SOW’s and other Client contracts for revenue and billing related terms, and provide Client teams with consultation and recommendation on compensation and scope best practices
- Participate in monthly close and re-forecasting meetings, providing recommendation and context based on your thorough understanding of top-line performance
- Field ad-hoc requests by Executive Leadership related to the Media Finance function
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Accredited Accounting/Finance designation or qualified by experience
- A minimum of 5-7 years of progressive Client Accounting/Finance experience
- 2 years required media experience (vendor or agency side)
- Experience within a media or advertising agency strongly preferred
- Knowledge of revenue recognition and generally accepted accounting principles
- Familiarity with Sarbanes Oxley controls
- Comfortable with financial reconciliations and accounting systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Proven track record managing a small team and communicating with Senior stakeholders
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.