San Francisco, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight, to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. As skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labors of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
Senior Copywriters play essential roles in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful ideas, products and services. They bring exceptional creative thought and they craft output, developing and delivering projects from the brief to end user.
From our location in San Francisco's SOMA district—AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities.
Support. Crafts original, persuasive and conceptually compelling work for campaigns, content and experiences, across a variety of clients. Collaborates with various teams within AKQA to support client relationships, ensure production-perfect copy and contribute ideas and creative work for pitches as needed.
Develop. Proactively researches and pursues opportunities for professional development. Becomes expert in new tools as they become available and adopted by the agency. Actively seeks creative opportunities and projects beyond his/her expected duties, including the mentoring of junior Creatives.
Creative craft skills. Possesses exceptional copywriting, grammar and spelling skills, and the ability to implement strategic and conceptual thinking to projects with no oversight. Understands tone of voice for a diverse roster of brands and can write for a variety of audiences and media, as well as develop comprehensive guidelines for clients’ internal purposes. Demonstrates a wide range of writing capabilities, from social and websites to film scripts and UX. Crafts copy for presentations and helps shape the creative and strategic stories behind them.
Idea generation. Contributes multiple conceptual ideas to briefs with a holistic view of the brand and its touchpoints, and a deep understanding of the target’s needs or mindset. Digests content provided by the client, client services, other agencies and own research, identifying gaps and how best to organize content to meet the brief. Measures ideas against the industry’s highest creative standards and the client’s business objectives.
Leadership & Mentoring. Takes personal accountability for on-time deliverables. Is a leader within the agency, contributing towards the development of client relationships. Assists junior Copywriters in their professional development and tracks copy deliverables against tone of voice. Skills should start to extend outside of traditional copywriting.
New business development. Takes responsibility for the creation of award entries and case studies of key projects. Contributes to the ideas and creative work for pitches and helps craft the copy for any presentations or documents.
- A portfolio of exceptional work
- A minimum of eight years’ experience in copywriting for marketing and/or advertising; digital and/or traditional sector
- Bachelor of Arts degree from a four-year university, two-year portfolio school or equivalent experience; focus in English, Journalism, marketing or advertising a plus
- Advanced proficiency in the craft of writing and conceptual thinking
- Demonstrated ability to write in a variety of voices for a wide range of clients and sectors
- Advanced presentation skills: writing presentations as well as presenting internally and to clients
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, interpersonal and inter-departmental
- Strong professionalism and mature presence in aspects of team and client relationship building
- Deep knowledge and genuine interest in the work being done in the fields of technology, advertising, communications and marketing
- Able to work on multiple projects at a time and prioritize tasks for each
- Strong organizational skills, extreme attention to detail; proofreading skills a plus
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.