Portland, United States
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labors of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
Senior Copywriters at AKQA approach every brief with fresh eyes. Avoiding familiar solutions, while creating inspiring distinctive, effective and truly remarkable work. You will provide leadership for the brands you work on, understand a brand’s tone-of-voice and write compelling, on-brand copy. Working with Art Directors, you will create innovative concepts and push the idea through to copy. You will provide support to the Associate Creative Director by ensuring the quality of work produced by more junior members of the team is of high standards.
Our Portland studio collaborates with clients to create distinctive experiences. Whether we are developing a service, launching or redefining, we start with purpose and translate that into memorable projects.
Partnership is the basis of our practice; we understand the context and culture that our clients operate in and use creativity to solve challenges and deliver results. From strategy to art and copy to technology, our teams across a range of disciplines work with world-class organizations that want to shape the future.
- Implement a combination of strategic, conceptual and copywriting skills
- Write scripts for video/film/radio/animation, casting and attending recordings; as well as a broad range of online or offline copy; including, ad campaigns, HTML/rich media emails, online campaigns, microsites, websites or mobile
- Inspire and embrace challenges and new ways of thinking
- Create and manage original, persuasive, conceptually compelling work
- Ensure a collaborative ‘One Team’ approach comprising both client and agency representatives
- Specialize in social media content and marketing campaign experiences
- Remain proactive in answering a brief, while pushing ideas beyond what’s asked for
- Be comfortable conducting client interviews and mining for compelling responses
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You have a compelling portfolio of distinctive work that shows craft in copywriting and storytelling
- Passionate and driven about the craft itself
- Proven creative success working in collaborative multi-functional teams
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills
- You are fearless, boundlessly creative and relentlessly attentive to detail
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply