Portland, United States
Senior Copywriter - Long-form
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight, creating and bringing to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, AKQA Creatives work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labors of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
AKQA Copywriters play essential roles in the strategy, conception and writing of beautiful ideas, products and services. They bring exceptional creative thought and craft output, developing and delivering projects from brief to end user. The Senior Copywriter at AKQA approaches every brief with fresh eyes. Avoiding familiar solutions, the Senior Copywriter will create and inspire work that is distinctive, effective and truly remarkable, crafting exceptional copy and storytelling.
- A compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high quality copywriting and clever headlines within a variety of advertising campaigns and digital content
- Excellent writing, grammar and proofreading skills
- Implement a combination of strategic and copywriting skills
- Inspire and embrace challenges and new ways of thinking
- Collaborate with the client and various teams within AKQA
- Experience writing thought provoking headlines, UX content and long copy for websites and mobile apps
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A collaborative, empathic personality that is organized and buttoned up, with excellent attention to detail
- Able to proofread one’s own work and catch/correct typos
- A drive to break boundaries and craft the best ideas in the world of their kind
- Fearlessly, boundlessly creative and relentlessly attentive to detail
- 6+ years of experience writing advertising copy within an ad agency
This position is associated with the AKQA Portland studio, and must be performed from the West Coast.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply