London, United Kingdom
Senior Creative Copywriter
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight, to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. As skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labours of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients. As a member of the AKQA Creative department you will influence changes in consumer behaviour through ideas, creativity and the use of technology
Copywriters play essential roles in the strategy, conception and writing of beautiful ideas, products and services. They bring exceptional creative thought and craft output, developing and delivering projects from brief to end user.
As a Senior Copywriter, you will provide leadership for the brands you work on, create innovative concepts and push the idea through to the final outputs. Our output spans a wide spectrum of the latest and newest emerging platforms, encompassing UX/UI design, product development, visual design, prototyping, experience design, installations, mixed reality, film and animation
- Possess not just exceptional copywriting skills, but the ability to implement strategic and conceptual thinking as well.
- Create and manage original, persuasive and conceptually compelling work for campaigns, content and experiences, across a variety of clients.
- Leads by example to inspire colleagues to originate pioneering ideas that deliver successful solutions.
- Listen to and respond to briefs, and question where there are gaps.
- Uncover new ways to incorporate emerging and new media formats into campaigns
- Demonstrates excellent grammar and spelling skills.
- Understand a brand’s tone-of-voice and write compelling, on-brand copy for a variety of audiences and media.
- Able to develop tone of voice for brands, as well as write comprehensive guidelines.
- Collaborate with the client and with various teams within AKQA.
- Embrace challenges and inspire new ways of thinking.
- Responsible for driving projects with some supervision, and managing and mentoring junior members of the team.
- Be responsible for owning and growing individual client relationships
- Work with producers to ensure work is delivered on deadline and in line with agency and client standards.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- You have a compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high quality copywriting and concepting across a variety of projects.
- Ideally, have experience with developing ideas and writing for luxury/premium brands.
- Proven creative success working in collaborative, multi-functional teams.
- A strong portfolio with creating immaculate copy that stands out from the crowd
- Strong information presentation skills, visual and written.
- You have a breadth of cultural reference points.
- You have a drive to break boundaries and craft the best ideas of their kind in the world.
- You are passionate, driven and obsessed about your craft and stay on top of best practice in your field.
- Experience of nurturing client relationships.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply