Senior Creative Developer
AKQA Creative Developers are inspired by technology and have a passion for creating innovative technical solutions.
You are a senior developer with knowledge of a wide variety of front-end technologies, with a background creating interactive, single page web applications, often incorporating 2d and 3d graphics with WebGL, and with a good knowledge of developing for different mobile devices.
You are self-motivated with an insatiable appetite for learning, never satisfied to settle for the 'easy option' but will pursue and fight for the best. You are keen to improve your skillset and learn outside your remit and will be interested in, if not experienced in VR, AR and web3 technologies. Like everyone at AKQA, Creative Developers are encouraged to be ambitious, forward-thinking and experimental. The tech team at AKQA get to explore the latest tech and seek to answer the question; 'what if...?'
Located in Berlin, Germany, as part of the AKQA team, you will work in an environment that fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- Executes projects by translating designs from Creative and Art Directors into code
- Estimating creative solutions for projects
- Collaborate with team members to integrate and push creative solutions
- Apply best practices for efficient and effective development
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 6+ years experience and currently working with front-end technologies with experience of commercial web development.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize tasks for each
- Exceptional initiative and attention to detail
- Must love design and have strong aesthetic faculty
- Passion for existing, emerging and future technologies
- Ability to learn new technologies through experimentation
- Formal qualifications in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, a related field advantageous
- Experience with WebGL and working with 3D in the browser
- Experience with 2d graphics in the browser with canvas
- Writes legible, manageable and extensible code that can be easily adopted by other developers
- Experience of version control using GIT
- Ability to design UX, UI, 3D modelling concepts or assets would be a bonus
- Experience with Unity3d / Unreal would be a bonus
- Experience with other languages or creative technology mediums a bonus (C++, Java, ML etc)
- Experience communicating with external hardware such as Arduino, Microsoft Kinect a bonus
- Experience with web3 implementations and solidity coding a bonus
AKQA is committed to developing wellbeing and supporting life choices for our team. We provide an extensive range of benefits. To find out more click here.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply