Portland, United States
Senior Creative Team
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labors of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
Senior Art Directors and Senior Copywriter teams play essential roles in the strategy, conception, storytelling and design of beautiful ideas, products and services. They bring exceptional creative thought and craft output, developing and delivering projects from brief to end user. They approach every brief with fresh eyes. Avoiding familiar solutions, a Senior Art Director generates useful, usable ideas across all existing and emerging platforms. Senior Art Directors create and inspire work that is distinctive, effective and truly remarkable.
Senior Copywriters at AKQA approach every brief with fresh eyes. Avoiding familiar solutions, while creating inspiring distinctive, effective and truly remarkable work. You will provide leadership for the brands you work on, understand a brand’s tone-of-voice and write compelling, on-brand copy. Working with Art Directors, you will create innovative concepts and push the idea through to copy. You will provide support to the Associate Creative Director by ensuring the quality of work produced by more junior members of the team is of high standards.
Our Portland studio collaborates with clients to create distinctive experiences. Whether we are developing a service, launching or redefining, we start with purpose and translate that into memorable projects.
Partnership is the basis of our practice; we understand the context and culture that our clients operate in and use creativity to solve challenges and deliver results. From strategy to art and copy to technology, our teams across a range of disciplines work with world-class organizations that want to shape the future.
- Works across a variety of projects for one key client or across several growth clients
- Lead, coach, inspire and motivate a team to create and deliver truly remarkable, influential and impactful work
- Use excellent knowledge of all aspects of user-centered design daily, including everything from typography to grid layout and from interaction principles to interface design best practices across desktop, tablet and mobile devices
- Write scripts for video/film/radio/animation, casting and attending recordings; as well as a broad range of online or offline copy; including, ad campaigns, HTML/rich media emails, online campaigns, microsites, websites or mobile
- Create and manage original, persuasive, conceptually compelling work
- Ensure a collaborative ‘One Team’ approach comprising both client and agency representatives
- Establishes and manages the art direction, style and tone of communication
- Proposes and delivers world-class executions of innovative interface design and interaction design experiences across all digital platforms
- Listens to and responds to creative briefs, understanding where/if there are gaps. Knows what questions to ask during briefing session in order to act upon it, understands how to respond to a brief
- Foster progressive thinking and the pushing of boundaries
- Utilize state-of-the-art techniques and contribute to thought leadership activities
- Experience and ability to succeed in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You have a compelling portfolio of distinctive work that spans product/service design and storytelling, and distinctive work that shows craft in copywriting and storytelling
- Passionate and driven about the craft itself
- Proven creative success working in collaborative multi-functional teams
- Extensive experience using the most common software
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills
- You are fearless, boundlessly creative and relentlessly attentive to detail
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply