Washington D.C., United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Located on the Georgetown Waterfront in Washington, D.C., as part of AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership. You will work in an environment that fosters a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labors of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients. Senior Designers play essential roles in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful ideas, products and services. They bring exceptional creative thought and craft output, developing and delivering from brief to end user.
- Implement a combination of strategic, conceptual and design skills
- Collaborate with the client and various teams within AKQA
- Inspire and provide mentorship, embracing the challenges and new ways of thinking
- Works with Art Directors implementing primary design direction and incorporating the best design and technology practices to provide cohesive support of overall creative strategies
- Proactively researches and pursues ideas for professional development
- Capable of concepting and collaborating on campaign ideas with creative teams while working on multiple projects within time deadlines, and prioritizing tasks for each
- Takes responsibility for on-time deliverables and expertly crafted design that comply with client guides and standards
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You have a compelling and excellent portfolio
- You have a drive to break boundaries and craft the best ideas in the world of their kind
- Exceptional design aesthetic, variations on styles and awareness of design trends and innovation
- Understands the technical possibilities and limitations of web development
- Strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- Strong typography skills
- Exceptional design aesthetic, variations on styles, and awareness of design trends and innovation
- Expert proficiency with Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and other design programs
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.