Washington DC, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labours of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
As an AKQA Senior Designer, you will play an essential role in crafting the strategy, conception and design of thoughtful ideas, products and services. You will bring exceptional creative thought and craft output, developing and delivering projects from brief to end user.
Based on the Georgetown Waterfront, our Washington DC studio creates breakthrough products and services for a diverse range of clients.
Recognized for outstanding work by Cannes, Apple and the Clio Awards, we deliver on our client’s most challenging briefs. This includes the future of retail, global entertainment launches and piloting digital products and services that reshape customer experiences.
We are proud of our industry defying retention rate, with both employees and clients alike. Over 20% of our employees have been with us for ten or more years. Our collaborative teams work across strategy, creative, analytics, and technology.
- Provide evidence of product design solutions across various touch-points
(e.g. websites, mobile, apps, in-store)
- Champion user-centered design methodologies and design thinking
- Execute design with excellence and craft standards
- Create style tiles, UI kits, mood boards and style guides
- Deliver responsive and systematic designs through an agile methodology
- Ideate and co-design with peers and clients in a positive and collaborative manner
- Present design work confidently to stakeholders and build trusting relationships
- Ensure projects and tasks are delivered on time and on budget, and to the highest quality
- Share your knowledge with wider XD and AKQA teams and mentor mid/junior designers
- Stay up to date with latest design and technology trends
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 6+ years within a dedicated digital design role (agency or client-side)
- Exceptional design aesthetics with UI folio to demonstrate
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Strong experience across Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and InVision
- Previous retail and e-commerce design experience highly desirable
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply