Portland, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
AKQA Portland is searching for a Senior Designer to apply artistry and craftsmanship to the design of digital experiences, products and services that move the world. Skilled storytellers, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop work that is distinctive, effective and truly remarkable. Senior Designers are endlessly curious, push against the boundaries of the brief, can help craft the look of innovative brands, and take design ownership across multiple client projects.
Our Portland studio collaborates with clients to create distinctive experiences. Whether we are developing a service, launching or redefining, we start with purpose and translate that into memorable projects.
Partnership is the basis of our practice; we understand the context and culture that our clients operate in and use creativity to solve challenges and deliver results. From strategy to art and copy to technology, our teams across a range of disciplines work with world-class organizations that want to shape the future.
- Collaborate closely with a team of writers, creative directors and strategists to design innovative digital experiences, products and services
- Lead the definition of brand identities under quick timelines
- Have proven design experience at an interactive agency or digital design studio and a portfolio of examples that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking
- Demonstrate thought and understanding of your design decisions like color, typography, grid, shape, pattern, balance
- Create thoughtful and complex systems of interaction for web and mobile interfaces
- Present your work and justify your decisions confidently to clients
- Bring your whole self to work
- Problem-solve your way around obstacles, seeing each challenge as an opportunity
- Proficient in Adobe, Sketch + Figma (other tools are a bonus)
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You have a compelling portfolio of distinctive visual design work that spans digital experiences, products, services and storytelling
- You have experience contributing to design of digital experiences, products and services
- You are able to develop simple and elegant design solutions to solve complex design problems
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills
- You have expertise in cross-functional collaboration
- You are fearless, boundlessly creative and relentlessly attentive to detail
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply